Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276

N

Nevermore

Does anyone know what/where the driver download is for the hotkeys? I have been able to get everything to work but 2 USB ports and the hotkeys. When I installed the one hotkey utility from the driver pack that was posted the arrow kept hanging every few seconds.

Thanks for all the help.:D

C

CaptainWilco

Originally Posted by datars
Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Drivers Full.

Unzip and Burn CD

Tested on a fresh install of XP

Drivers here
The above Link doesnt work:eek: , can anyone please provide the link agian.

Thanks

D

D Shaffer

A135 s2276 XP drivers

Any possibility that I could get a copy of these files
Thanx
Doug

datars said:
Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Drivers Full.

Unzip and Burn CD

Tested on a fresh install of XP

Drivers here

N

nam dang

Video Drivers for A135-S2276

Hello,

What video drivers did you use ? Lots of people had problems installing video drivers to A135-S2276 after installing XP, including myself. In facts, I shoud have returned the laptop if I knew there were no XP drivers for this model.

Regards,

Nam Dang

Z

zeek29

Very grateful for Buttzilla's contribution on this!! Downgraded to XP Pro from Vista Home Premium but had serious problems getting most of the hardware to work. This post helped me to get correct drivers; for example - my wireless Atheros card worked and this helped me to do Update Driver from the Internet via Device Manager. THANKS!
Thanks it worked! find the others yet?

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

on a toshiba satellite A135-S2276

i've been using the ATI Catalyst™ 8.12 Display Driver for Windows XP
without any problems.

http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/integrated-xp

---

i installed the new ati driver last night along with the catalyst control center and it seems to be working pretty well.

i used the steps below to install the driver. once that was installed, the catalyst controls loaded right up from the setup.exe.

---

here's how to get the driver to install [thanks to swlatham].

1. Run the Catalyst 8.1 driver zip file and install
2. Install will fail
3. Navigate to a directory on the C drive
C:\ATI\Support\7-7igp_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_sb_gart_enu_49709\Driver\XP_INF
4. Open the CX_49709.inf file in notepad. Next click the Edit Menu then Find and enter XPRESS 200 - This should find the line below:

"ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200" = ati2mtag_RS480M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955

Enter a blank line after the line above and paste in the line below:

"ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series " = ati2mtag_RS480M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF041179

5. Save the file, replacing the older version.
6. Select Display adapter from Device Manager and select Reinstall Driver
7. Select on second screen "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)
Click next
8. Select on third screen "Search for the best driver in these locations"
Uncheck the “Search removal media”
Check the “Include this location in the search”
Click the “Browse” button and navigate to a directory on the C drive
C:\ATI\Support\7-7-igp_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_sb_gart_enu_49709\Driver\XP_INF

9. Click next and driver will install the ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M.
10. Reboot and verify the new driver is installed.

---

i got the realtek audio driver directly from www.realtek.com.tw

most of the hardware was assigned drivers when i downloaded updates from microsoft update.

the few remaining unknown devices (PCI bus and 2 others) were fixed by datars' original driver collection.

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

new bios

those of you still rockin' the tosh a135, you MUST download and install the new toshiba BIOS at:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...delFilter=&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

it's called "01-08-2009 BIOS ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.60 for Satellite A130 (PSAD6U) (v1.60; 12-22-2008; 3M)"

out of nowhere the laptop starts asking for a password at STARTUP that i never set.

turns out it was a BIOS problem that you should really prevent if you can,
unless you want to short the motherboard into the grounding screw with a paperclip.

i'm not kidding. XP still works fine on top of the new BIOS.

M

mypcc

those of you still rockin' the tosh a135, you MUST download and install the new toshiba BIOS at:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/...delFilter=&selCategory=3&selFamily=1073768663

it's called "01-08-2009 BIOS ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.60 for Satellite A130 (PSAD6U) (v1.60; 12-22-2008; 3M)"

out of nowhere the laptop starts asking for a password at STARTUP that i never set.

turns out it was a BIOS problem that you should really prevent if you can,
unless you want to short the motherboard into the grounding screw with a paperclip.

i'm not kidding. XP still works fine on top of the new BIOS.
I installed it with XP version..now How can I update bios for XP, the link above ONLY for Vista versio...Thanks...

M

mypcc

can some1 please give me the latest BIOS for XP. I'm afrraid I will get poweron password thing...thanks....

hey Vampirehunter.

So it's ok to run that ACPI Flash BIOS version 1.60 on XP..Cause it's ONLY Vista?????

Last edited:
edhe62

edhe62

Your computers BIOS has nothing to do with the operating system that's installed. In a very basic sence, it's a program that is resident on a chip on your motherboard that identifies your hardware and such as that, then gives the info to your operating system (windows) so that it know's what hardware it's working with.
So, you can run that BIOS update without worrying about your present operating system.

Web Rat

Web Rat

Drivers AND Instructions

I, once again reloaded XP on my A135-s2276 and had to go through the process of finding and installing drivers. I have now created a blog that both has the complete Driver package download, AND COMPLETE specific instructions for installing the missing drivers:
*Link expired*

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

guess what works?

don't know if anyone's still paying attention to this but...

i just installed windows 7 on my A135 and it runs like a top without any driver downloads.

i guess in the end you just have to wait 5 years.

W

wsminsandeeppa

Hi Datar,

First of all very much thanks for your work in finding the drivers and uploading them and I see alot of people are able to install and sucessfully work on them. Its great to hear people like you are here when even companies like Toshiba said no to their customers.

Now I have the same problem my system is crashed and I want to use XP would be installing it today but I can open the mediafire and sendspace links as it is blocked in my office and I don't have any other system to download them from my home.

So can you be please kind enough to send the same .

Edit by admin: no contact info permitted on the forum, thank you
if anyone can do that I would be really grateful as I have lived many days now without my laptop:)

Associates