Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276

I

ibliss

Links broken - Anyone have link to XP drivers.

I've tried the various links but can't find any that work to XP drivers for my friend's Satellite A135-S2276. If anyone has the drivers, could you post a link to them? Thanks in advance.

K

koslyr

Another new user with A135-AS2276. I've read all the thread but all the available links for the drivers XP don;t work.
It will be helpful if anyone could post an update link.

B

bakerwi

I inserted my Windows XP disc, but Windows Vista will not let me install Windows XP. What must I do to first get Vista off of my laptop? I'm going to need a little handholding (step-by-step) to get out of the gate. I'll be ok once I get the operating system installed.

Thanks everyone!

B

bakerwi

Datar,

I'm trying to install Windows XP, but Vista won't let me. What must I do to first get Vista off of my laptop? I'm going to need a little handholding (step-by-step) to get out of the gate. I'll be ok once I get the operating system installed.

Thanks!

gatorback

gatorback

bakerwi,

You will need to boot from the XP disk, you may need to press a function key (you need to pay attention to the display when you boot up to determine which function key) to select the boot device.

I hope this helps. Recommend getting your local IT guy to help you with this if this is not clear.

B

bakerwi

Install XP - A135-S2276

Gatorback,

Thanks for the info. I spoke to my IT guy on Friday and he recommended the same thing.

gatorback

gatorback

girly...marine. Please send an e-mail to my yahoo address and I will help you. You should be able to figure out my yahoo username.

Last edited:
H

hiflyntgrs

Hello X vista users, I also am trying to download Datars drivers but cant get the link to work. It says that they have been removed. Should I download Firefox and try getting them through there?
Thanks,

Last edited:
H

hiflyntgrs

Datars...HELLLOOOO are you out there? Myself and others checking this need your help! We can't seem to get to the download that you posted.
Thanks,

Last edited:
P

pcdetails

XP driver help - DITTO

I also have been searching for these XP drivers - specifically modem, Video, SMbus Controller and a serial system device. The links provided in this forum go to mediafire hosting and the files are no longer there.
H E L P !!!

H

hiflyntgrs

PC,
Thanks, I downloaded and unzipped the files but am not sure how to use them.

Are they meant to be used with the 'found new hardware wizard' or by using the update for hardware. I only see two .exe files.

Sorry for being so braindead.

S

schulz76000

Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Drivers

datars said:
Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Drivers Full.

Unzip and Burn CD

Tested on a fresh install of XP

Drivers here

hi, new n d house anyway. cant downlod drivers frm mediafire eida due 2 it bn removed by owner or by mediafire. hav same problem wit d toshiba model aforsaid. wil any1 help uplod d drivers 4 me pls. thanks a millions guys, u r all life savers.

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

new ati driver for 2008

on a toshiba satellite A135-S2276

oh, and has anyone tried this?

ATI Catalyst™ 8.1 Display Driver for Windows XP Professional/Home Edition - Motherboard/IGP Drivers

---

i installed the new ati driver last night along with the catalyst control center and it seems to be working pretty well. i'll know for sure once i try running some games, particularly bioshock

i used the steps below to install the driver. once that was installed, the catalyst controls loaded right up from the setup.exe.

---

here's how to get the driver to install [thanks to swlatham].

1. Run the Catalyst 8.1 driver zip file and install
2. Install will fail
3. Navigate to a directory on the C drive
C:\ATI\Support\7-7igp_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_sb_gart_enu_49709\Driver\XP_INF
4. Open the CX_49709.inf file in notepad. Next click the Edit Menu then Find and enter XPRESS 200 - This should find the line below:

"ATI MOBILITY RADEON XPRESS 200" = ati2mtag_RS480M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5955

Enter a blank line after the line above and paste in the line below:

"ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M Series " = ati2mtag_RS480M, PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5A62&SUBSYS_FF041179

5. Save the file, replacing the older version.
6. Select Display adapter from Device Manager and select Reinstall Driver
7. Select on second screen "Install from a list or specific location (Advanced)
Click next
8. Select on third screen "Search for the best driver in these locations"
Uncheck the “Search removal media”
Check the “Include this location in the search”
Click the “Browse” button and navigate to a directory on the C drive
C:\ATI\Support\7-7-igp_xp32_dd_ccc_wdm_sb_gart_enu_49709\Driver\XP_INF

9. Click next and driver will install the ATI RADEON XPRESS 200M.
10. Reboot and verify the new driver is installed.

---

AND the control center has brightness controls! maybe they could be assigned to hotkeys in the hotkey manager of catalyst cc?

i got the realtek audio driver directly from www.realtek.com.tw

most of the hardware was assigned drivers when i downloaded updates from microsoft.

the few remaining unknown devices (PCI bus and 2 others) were fixed by datars' original driver collection.

---

now that everything's up and running, i copied the whole hard drive onto a partition on an external drive so i'll have a place to go back to if (when?) everything goes haywire.

J

jrich

Toshiba Sattelite A135-S2276

bs953 said:
Hi all,
I have the Toshiba A135-S2276 I dumped Vista after a week of frustration. This thing smokes with xp pro sp2 in it. O.k. driver problems ye-haw lots of fun. First pop in your restore disk that Toshiba was so nice to provide use the install drivers option. Also install only a couple of the Toshiba apps. Such as the software upgrade, Toshiba assist etc etc. DO not use any of the DVD programs if you plan on using anything else. PERIOD dont use the drive silencer either. Just trust me. ********
I found the annoying little wireless adapter driver at http://www.phoenixnetworks.net/atheros.php
http://www.phoenixnetworks.net/atheros/Atheros-7.0.0.119-Vista-RC2-5744.zip
That will fix the network card issue. The audio driver I found at http://www.realtek.com.tw/
I am still on the video driver hunt and the other errors. Though I would get this up now.

- Edited out to meet AUP.
Hi!!
Redoing the laptop for my son, and disappointed that Toshiba with Mic. is forcing Vista down our throats! Vista will be great I am sure, but not now!! Found OK XP ATI Radeon Express 200M drivers that worked at Omega! Audio at Realtek, and Wireless at Pheros! I still have SM Bus Controller, and 3 Unknowns??? I now have a problem with USB mice! They freeze.............and I have to unfreeze with Cnt ....Alt.....Del! Please get back to me as he is in Army and I need to ASAP!! Thank You, and I am a NewBee here!

J

jrich

uzidengineer said:
Hi, Usethis

I have a Satellite Toshiba laptop (A135-S2276) and in the last couple of days I'm reading about a lot of people who are trying, without success doing what you did.

Some reported talking to Toshiba support and being told that it can't be done. Obviously it can be done. you did it.

It will be great and much appreciated by many people if you could outline the steps you took.

Thanks,
uzidengineer,
3-21-07

I finally got Modem (divine intervention), NIC, WiFi, Sound, and Video to work with the XP install! Omega supplies ATI (Radeon Express 200m) and Invidia drivers and could have gotten them at AMD also. Realtek supplied XP Sound and NIC, and Atheros supplied the WiFi.

Last problem was that the mice (both Touchpad and USB would hang up all the time!!! I am pretty sure that enabling the ATI SM Buss Controller,
solved the problem.

So, now I still have 2 unknown devices that need drivers???? Perhaps I will keep em both disabled, as long as it functions properly, and dont need em????????????

faultycomputer

faultycomputer

There is a special toshiba utility which can be downloaded from their site dth and can have control through the function keys

Associates