Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276

I

indy500

format to remove vista

bought a refurb toshiba 2276 w/ vista installed and am trying to format drive to remove vista. tried xp disk, disk management, partion magic and dban iso - all w/out any luck. looks like they blocked things off pretty good.

any suggestions are very much appreciated and thanks in advance.

S

spanna

Old Fart
Might be worth trying a Linux LiveCD (something like Knoppix or Ubuntu) wee if they can remove the partition

Have you checked BIOS to see if boot sector is locked/protected in some way

I

indy500

no luck yet-

set bios to boot from cd/dvd with xp dosk in and it started up and kicked it back to the hdd-lol

Last edited:
DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
I've had desktop boards that would boot to the hdd despite being set in the bios to boot to floppy or cd. In those cases I sometimes had to unplug the hdd.

One surefire way to wipe that drive is to remove it, install it to a desktop using an adapter, and wipe it from there. If you do that with Dban, unplug your desktop hdd. Dban says it will wipe every drive it can see.

I

indy500

i think i finally got with Hiren's boot cd - thanks folks for all the input - your efforts are very much appreciated. maybe i will be able to return the favor some day.

W

WmAx

I also used Datar's drivers, and everything works with no apparent problems. But, I have no way to adjust the LCD back light -- which wastes battery life. What is the solution (there was a suggestion on another thread, but no one ever clarified details )?

-Chris

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

WmAx said:
I also used Datar's drivers, and everything works with no apparent problems. But, I have no way to adjust the LCD back light -- which wastes battery life. What is the solution (there was a suggestion on another thread, but no one ever clarified details )?

-Chris
go to display properties

and set the GAMMA low.

otherwise you'll be gamma irradiated

like the HULK!

and that guy with the giant gamma irradiated head.

unless, of course, that's what you want.

W

WmAx

VampireHunterG said:
go to display properties

and set the GAMMA low.

otherwise you'll be gamma irradiated

like the HULK!

and that guy with the giant gamma irradiated head.

unless, of course, that's what you want.
The gamma curve in the ATI control driver adjusts the LCD pixels/controller to modify gamma, from what I can gather, not the back light intensity itself. While useful for image quality/preferences, adjusting gamma will not aid in battery life.

-Chris

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

WmAx said:
The gamma curve in the ATI control driver adjusts the LCD pixels/controller to modify gamma, from what I can gather, not the back light intensity itself. While useful for image quality/preferences, adjusting gamma will not aid in battery life.

-Chris
what about the BRIGHTNESS?

W

WmAx

VampireHunterG said:
what about the BRIGHTNESS?
Again, if through the ATI interface, this is likely only adjusting the pixel properties, not the back light intensity.

You can check it to make sure by plugging the laptop's wall adapter into a power meter( like a Kill-A-Watt unit ) and observing if the power draw changes with the adjustment.

-Chris

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

Holy Grail

VampireHunterG said:
working Fn keys are the holy grail of this forum.

my attitude has always been 'screw it, who needs 'em?'

i just set everything up how i like it and then i just leave it alone.

but if somebody actually made them work i would be very impressed even though i never use Fn keys anyway.
is it just a grail shaped beacon?

B

bs953

try this

Hi Vampire,
Yeah I know it has been a minute huh? Ok I am back had to move to Morro Bay all done. Anyways I see were still trying to kill the toshiba thats good. Guees what I found? Download and install ultra mon (get a crack oh oop's). This solved all of my wake up problems, from sleep, standby etc. Blew my mind. I don't have to turn the damn box off anymore. Even when i dont have two monitors hooked up it fixed it! Hope this tid bit helped.

M

MehmoodAhmed

bubamara said:
Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I bought Toshiba A135 S2276 with Windows Vista.
System is ridiculous. Using the system for 30 minutes was enought for me.
I formatted the drive and loaded Win XP.
After 5 hours I found drivers for XP. My Toshiba is fine right now.
Maybe this link will help someone else.
I put all drivers to winrar archive.
Good luck!

here are the drivers for Toshiba A135 S2276
Dear,
I have also got A135 S2276,I am not able to get drivers from the link you have given. It says " File date limit has expired.
- File was not successfully uploaded.

Please contact the uploader and ask them to upload the file again. sendspace is not able to help you in this matter."

Please upload that file again or send me that on my e-mail address
[edited out by moderators to keep you from getting spammed]
Thanx

K

kn6398

Toshiba A135 S2276 driver

bubamara,
Can you upload the file again the link below expired.

Thanks,

bubamara said:
Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I bought Toshiba A135 S2276 with Windows Vista.
System is ridiculous. Using the system for 30 minutes was enought for me.
I formatted the drive and loaded Win XP.
After 5 hours I found drivers for XP. My Toshiba is fine right now.
Maybe this link will help someone else.
I put all drivers to winrar archive.
Good luck!

here are the drivers for Toshiba A135 S2276

datars

datars

MehmoodAhmed said:
Dear,
I have also got A135 S2276,I am not able to get drivers from the link you have given. It says " File date limit has expired.
- File was not successfully uploaded.

Please contact the uploader and ask them to upload the file again. sendspace is not able to help you in this matter."

Please upload that file again or send me that on my e-mail address
[edited out by moderators to keep you from getting spammed]
Thanx
Here's the drivers I uploaded
http://www.mediafire.com/?5jzw0gmnz4i It has been downloaded 23,197 times

R

rachBella

Toshiba A135-S4527

buttzilla said:
Hi i just installed Xp on my Toshiba a135 s2276 this week. This is what i found that worked fine. What brought me to this site was the search for the direct application launch buttons which I still have not found but i'm working on it. I have seen a previous post with drivers that have a dead link and everyone was asking for a repost. I have uploaded my drivers to sendspace and have include a link. These are not a repost of his drivers. This is what i put together. I hope this helps someone. Include are
1 Ati southbridge driver
2 realtek audio
3 realtex modem
4 atheros wifi
5 synaptic touchpad driver
6 DVD ram Drive driver
7 Omega Radeon driver
8 Toshiba diagnostic tool(not necessary)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/6sl3sq
Very grateful for Buttzilla's contribution on this!! Downgraded to XP Pro from Vista Home Premium but had serious problems getting most of the hardware to work. This post helped me to get correct drivers; for example - my wireless Atheros card worked and this helped me to do Update Driver from the Internet via Device Manager. THANKS!

J

jdsage

kn6398 said:
bubamara,
Can you upload the file again the link below expired.

Thanks,
Go back to Datar's link, it's still good -- and every driver used by any S2276 is there. I just finished installing all mine, and it worked like a charm.

Thanks, Datar!

JDSage

A

animation

Dear Friends.

I buy a new loptop Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276. and the original OS is Vista. but i have problem with Vista, some of my hardware cannot working well in Vista, so I decided to down grade my OS to XP SP2. and try to download the driver in Toshiba Web site. but there's no driver for XP there....

Any one, can halp me please !!!! I need the driver for my new Laptop.
thanks ...

Love peace n smile always for you ALL

Associates