Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276

B

bs953

Maxgle said:
To Butzilla and Vampire Hunter G- I thought the Direct Application Launch Button only worked in VISTA not XP. So maybe when you downgrade to XP, you might just have two yellow marks. Any ideas?

Just install all the drivers posted in this thread, make a folder, put all the drivers in it, right click your yellow marks and update. You may have to spend an hour or better doing this but it will work.
Note: to date the power off feature when you close your lap tops lid still has not been solved under the "upgrade" to XP. LOL

M

merkanez

hi guys and girls!
thanks again for posting! i've donwgraded my a135-S2276 to Vista successfuly, but now when i'm looking at the Processor parameters in General tab in Sytem it says I have only 800 Mhz where my processor is 1.6 Ghz Dual Core... Does anyone one why is that? do I still have 1.6 Ghz in my processor? thanks for educating me! :)

B

bs953

merkanez said:
hi guys and girls!
thanks again for posting! i've donwgraded my a135-S2276 to Vista successfuly, but now when i'm looking at the Processor parameters in General tab in Sytem it says I have only 800 Mhz where my processor is 1.6 Ghz Dual Core... Does anyone one why is that? do I still have 1.6 Ghz in my processor? thanks for educating me! :)

Go get the latest updates from microsnot

R

REVOLV3R

datars said:
That link has never been dead, it must be your ISP, or some Crap loaded in your browser that is stopping it. Keep tool bars out of your Browers, and all download sites will work!

Chuck
No the link does not work everywhere. I have 2 ISPs here in the shop and one at home - all different (and on different computers) the link does not work, not in IE6, IE7, or Mozilla.

It may work where you live or at different times than I have checked, but please telling people it has always worked. The fact is that it does not work everywhere obviously. There are alot of people telling you this, and sure a couple may be user errors, but not all.

Anyway really doesn't matter now as I and others have posted alt. locations.

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

Direct Application Launch Button

Maxgle said:
To Butzilla and Vampire Hunter G- I thought the Direct Application Launch Button only worked in VISTA not XP. So maybe when you downgrade to XP, you might just have two yellow marks. Any ideas?
those buttons will work under XP if you use these drivers
[ http://www.sendspace.com/file/5uzrz7 ]
the one that launches the media player doesn't seem to work but all of the other ones do, including play, FF, and rewind.

datars

datars

REVOLV3R said:
No the link does not work everywhere. I have 2 ISPs here in the shop and one at home - all different (and on different computers) the link does not work, not in IE6, IE7, or Mozilla.

It may work where you live or at different times than I have checked, but please telling people it has always worked. The fact is that it does not work everywhere obviously. There are alot of people telling you this, and sure a couple may be user errors, but not all.

Anyway really doesn't matter now as I and others have posted alt. locations.
The link still works!!!!!

It’s been downloaded 3,310 times

B

buttzilla

My mouse on my a135 s2276 continues to freeze up with XP. Sometimes the whole computer locks up and I have to reboot. Anyone else suffering from this?

B

bobbooo

bobbooo said:
:) Hello everbody

Been messing with one of these a135-s2276 and WINXP, device manager looks fine now, no marks.

The front right, 2 USB ports, do not work, it is like they have no power. The left and rear USB ports work correctly. Anyone else run into this, or have any ideas?

bobbooo
Would some one please check the right side USB ports on this model, I am trying to figure if it is a driver issue, or hardware failure, or just a fluke because of WinXP.

Thanks

bobbooo

B

bs953

check your port configuration in device manager and see if they are disabled. I have not had that issue before. Did ya plug a toy into the port? LOL

B

bobbooo

bs953

Do you have this model of computer? I have plugged several types of USB devices, into these 2 ports, they will do nothing, but the left side, and rear USB ports work correctly, I have uninstalled and let them reinstall with no change. Trying to narrow the problem down, if you do have them working, could you list your devices that show in device manager, under USB.

If you are talking bios level, I did not see any option for enable or disable...

thanks

bobbooo:)

Last edited:
B

bs953

bobbooo lookie here,
Two screen shots for ya, the first one is my device manager showing what you should have on yours for all the USB ports to be working. The second one is a neat trick. In device manager click on view then enable view hidden devices! you will probably see some errors there LOL. I was suprised to see some in mine actually. Fix any errors you see.

Attachments

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

usb

bobbooo said:
Would some one please check the right side USB ports on this model, I am trying to figure if it is a driver issue, or hardware failure, or just a fluke because of WinXP.

Thanks

bobbooo
all of the USB ports on my a135-s2276 seem to be working under DATAR'S drivers.

B

bobbooo

:) bs953,VampireHunterG

Thanks for your posts. Do not have the NEC PCI to USB controllers showing.
Do not have it trying to find new hardware, usually XP will not quit.

I do not have the machine right now, I loaded it for someone, at least I have a direction to go now.

Thank you very much

bobbooo

B

bs953

bobbooo said:
:) bs953,VampireHunterG

Thanks for your posts. Do not have the NEC PCI to USB controllers showing.
Do not have it trying to find new hardware, usually XP will not quit.

I do not have the machine right now, I loaded it for someone, at least I have a direction to go now.

Thank you very much

bobbooo
Your right about xp, the never ending do you really wanna do this agian and again and again (oh oops). Most likely it it did the default error thingy, BUT if you have no question marks I wonder if your device has taken a crap?

B

bobbooo

bs953

Could you try a quick test for me, could you go to device manager and temp. disable the NEC USB devices, and see which ports it effects,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you

B

bs953

bobbooo said:
bs953

Could you try a quick test for me, could you go to device manager and temp. disable the NEC USB devices, and see which ports it effects,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you

#one it killed my wireless card (PCMCIA)
#two it killed my usb ports on the rear taking my keyboard offline
#three dont try this at home LOL:)

B

bobbooo

bs953

Hey man, sorry about that, this is making less sense all the time, I assume you do have this model (a135-s2276) , 1 USB left, 1 USB rear, 2 USB right.....................

Sorry for all the trouble,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you

bobbooo

B

bs953

bobbooo said:
bs953

Hey man, sorry about that, this is making less sense all the time, I assume you do have this model (a135-s2276) , 1 USB left, 1 USB rear, 2 USB right.....................

Sorry for all the trouble,,,,,,,,,,

Thank you

bobbooo
Yep I sure do and no trouble, toshiba aint helping us LOL. If you noticed that other error in my second screen shot under the hidden view? I am tracking that one down now. it is an ACPI driver issue. I think it has to do with the lid closing, so the machine turns off an option not available under XP.
ACPI\TOS1900\2&DABA3FF&0
Also the other one Parport. I fixed that one. I wonder though if you are having the same problem? You have no other errors at all?

B

bobbooo

bs953 said:
Yep I sure do and no trouble, toshiba aint helping us LOL. If you noticed that other error in my second screen shot under the hidden view? I am tracking that one down now. it is an ACPI driver issue. I think it has to do with the lid closing, so the machine turns off an option not available under XP.
ACPI\TOS1900\2&DABA3FF&0
Also the other one Parport. I fixed that one. I wonder though if you are having the same problem? You have no other errors at all?
I will have to get that notebook back to see what I can find out, have a drink on me.................................:D

Thanks for all your help

bobbooo

B

bs953

I have the GE 97990 usb wireless on my 2276, and every once in awhile it acts stupid, such as cursor movement. I have been able to attribute that to #1 batteries and #2 settings in the mouse control. I can also use the touch pad and mouse interchangably. D/l the latest drivers or try a different brand of mouse. I have had good luck with Logitech on this machine.

Associates