Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276

M

mibrios

this worked just fine

Datar,

you are Yoda!!

thank you for your time and (most effective!) effort.

ty ty ty ty

datars said:
Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Drivers Full.

Unzip and Burn CD

Tested on a fresh install of XP

Drivers here

K

kuripot

Thanks everyone for posting links to drivers and other helpful info for getting vista off and xp back on. I have a A135-S2386 with xp pro sp2 with most recent updates and am using the drivers linked by datar for the A135-S2276.

Here are my problems that I have left:

1. Low signal quality on the Atheros wireless card.
In vista I had a strong signal (4-5 bars), but now with xp I'm getting very weak signals. I've tried both of the drivers that were includd in the download (oem1 and oem6).

Perhaps it is receiving in "b" rather than "g" mode? i couldn't find a way to configure the card to check.

2. Sound is muted.
I'd say it's 50% of what is should be.

Any ideas? TIA :)

Oh yeah, is there a way to enable touchpad scrolling without installing synaptics?

J

jrobbins

Lag while web surfing.

I've gotten XP on my laptop, an A135-S2276, I don't have all the drivers (the link with the drivers you had to burn on the CD.. am I suppose to burn the CD as an image? How am I suppose to install the drivers?)..

I have LAN and Wireless working, but it lags everytime it goes to a frontpage of a website, and so on.

I just want to know how to get all the drivers working that were posted in the previous post with the link to all the drivers.

Any help?

EDIT: It just crashed when I went to a website. HELP!!

J

jrobbins

Sorry for the double posting, but after I installed the modem, the laptop wont even boot up correctly.

After the Windows XP logo appears, it just goes to a black screen with the mouse hovering around. (This is when it's not plugged in.)

I'm thinking about returning this model in exchange for something different, unless I can get everything to work properly.

Please, any help or suggestions would be nice.

O

Odeamici

Toshiba Drivers

Hi

http://www.mediafire.com/?5jzw0gmnz4i

This is the link posted for datars, after you download the file (.rar) you have to unzip with winrar (http://www.win-rar.com/), that will make a folder with all the drivers for this toshiba model, then make a cd with all the content of this folder, go to device manager and update the drivers, do not change any check mark on the next windows and windows xp will search for the drivers in any media you have (Cd in this case). Is not necesary to run the drivers from the cd, windows will do that for you, repeat this step for any driver with yellow mark and your Xp will work perfect.

In my opinion, is better to do that over a fresh intalation of xp (proffessional better), so make the cd, reinstall xp, update drivers and enjoy a fast toshiba laptop.

Good luck

Ps:Feel free to ask me any think, if I know how to help you I will do that.

G

gretchii

I also have toshiba a135-s2276 and trashed vista coz i couldn't get any of the programs i needed to work because of compatibility bugs. recently i had someone (thank you mr. bigtime) to install XP in it. it's fine except that there is a major mouse/touch pad lag time every few minutes or so. at first i thought it's only because of the virus scan update. however, when i tried disconnecting the problem still persisted. anybody got an idea how to fix this? Thank you in advance.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
gretchii said:
I also have toshiba a135-s2276 and trashed vista coz i couldn't get any of the programs i needed to work because of compatibility bugs. recently i had someone (thank you mr. bigtime) to install XP in it. it's fine except that there is a major mouse/touch pad lag time every few minutes or so. at first i thought it's only because of the virus scan update. however, when i tried disconnecting the problem still persisted. anybody got an idea how to fix this? Thank you in advance.
Do you have Win Update set on Automatic?

L

life

gretchii said:
Try open up your task manager to see if hotkey.exe is running at 60% to 99% every 15-20 seconds. If this is the case, you have an incompatable hotkey utility installed. Try "Startup Control Panel v2.7" and remove it from auto-running when your pc is starting up. (This will prevent hotkey.exe from loading and your hotkey might not work! I'm looking for a working hotkey utility but no luck yet!)

Hope this will help, good luck!

S

smexia

does anyone have another site to download this driver cd as I can not get the download to finish

R

robbieboy

I want to thank everyone in this thread specially datars, i got the same problem as most of you, satellite s2276 vista, i downgraded without checking for drivers and when i look for them i learned there were none, so i searched the toshiba site found some, used some of my disc, but still got the yellow marks and those awful lags, i even got to think it was some kind of bios anti xp feature, so that performance was not accpetable, i had to go back to vista in order to use my lap, but i said, ok they messed with me by making me use this os, so i'll mess with them so i installed the most expensive vista and activate it in an "alternative way" but anyway i was not happy with the performance, and a couple of days ago y had some time and googled my problem and found this thread, immediately went back to xp and with the drivers posted here i had it running in minutes, no lags no yellow marks everything just great so thanks datars and all the contributors of this forum.
one piece of advice for the people dealing with this problem
DO NOT USE THE DRIVERS CONTAINED IN YOUR RECOVERY DISK they were meant to be used with vista and in my opinion one of them causes the lags.
good luck

datars

datars

robbieboy said:
I want to thank everyone in this thread specially datars, i got the same problem as most of you, satellite s2276 vista, i downgraded without checking for drivers and when i look for them i learned there were none, so i searched the toshiba site found some, used some of my disc, but still got the yellow marks and those awful lags, i even got to think it was some kind of bios anti xp feature, so that performance was not accpetable, i had to go back to vista in order to use my lap, but i said, ok they messed with me by making me use this os, so i'll mess with them so i installed the most expensive vista and activate it in an "alternative way" but anyway i was not happy with the performance, and a couple of days ago y had some time and googled my problem and found this thread, immediately went back to xp and with the drivers posted here i had it running in minutes, no lags no yellow marks everything just great so thanks datars and all the contributors of this forum.
one piece of advice for the people dealing with this problem
DO NOT USE THE DRIVERS CONTAINED IN YOUR RECOVERY DISK they were meant to be used with vista and in my opinion one of them causes the lags.
good luck
Your welcome robbieboy. I couldn't have done it with out the help from others here on the Forum to make this possible to make this set of drivers for anyone that has the s2276 Model.

Now here is some good news, if you can get a copy of Vista Business N, and install it, and have 2GB of RAM with a 7200RPM HD. You'll fine it runs well.

I have it installed as a Dual Boot.

When I'm in any electronic store, and see someone looking at Toshiba Laptops, I tell them the entire BS, don't waste your money.

Windows Vista Business N Screenshot Gallery here

BraggFF

BraggFF

datars said:

Unzip and Burn CD

Drivers here
Anyone have another download link to this file, it doesn't seem to want to download for me?

M

merkanez

Hi all,
datars, thanks again for compiling all the drivers into one archive! it's really a terrific job! but this link
http://www.mediafire.com/?5jzw0gmnz4i is already dead. :( could anyone put it somewhere else? i mean, this looks like the best solution there is to the problem we're all having. it'd be a pity to loose it to dead link. thanks again!

I'm joining in the plea to repost it somewhere! thanks!

V

vkhera77

a135/2276

I had problems finding drivers for my Toshiba satellite A135/S2276 when I installed XP SERVICE PACK 2 on it.

Here is a list of items without drivers after the install, Ethernet Controller
i found it showing in device maneger,
Video Controller (VGA Compatible)
Unknown Device
Unknown Device
PCI Device -Intel
SM Bus Controller

please help me, i ll thankfull to u,

M

merkanez

Dear Datars,
could you PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE put the archive somewhere else? The link that you so generously provided simply DOES NOT work. I used the FDM as you suggested, it doesn't work. The download would not even start. I would greatly appreciate your help! thanks!

VampireHunterG

VampireHunterG

hey datars, you rule!

datars said:

Unzip and Burn CD

Drivers here

as far as i can tell, there's no reason for anyone with a Toshiba A135-S2276 to ever post to this list again.

just download the driver set "Toshiba.-.A135-S2276.XP.Drivers.rar" from datars' link, de-compress the .rar with the free trial version of http://www.rarlab.com/, burn all those folders in there onto a CD, change the boot order on your laptop in toshiba utilities so it boots from the DVD drive before the HDD, boot from your XP install disc, format the big partition C:, then install XP on it.

once XP is running, start the "add new hardware control panel", put your new driver CD in the drive, hit install, then "already connected hardware", then "install automatically".

the panel should find the proper driver on the CD automatically.

some of the drivers aren't "signed" but you should just okay them anyway.

eventually, all those little yellow device driver thingees will be gone.

now you can just forget about VISTA until SP2 comes out or something.

rejoice

B

bayfront18

VampireHunterG:

After you completed the downgrade to XP SP2 did you have any problems with the touchpad? Also are all the fn keys working? LCD brightness, display change from LCD to ext monitor etc.

Associates