Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276

C

chuck50dvdr

I am trying the saem thing (running a Toshiba A135-2276 on XP). I called Toshiba technical support and was told that they do not support XP for this model and do not have drivers available.

U

uzidengineer

Please provide more details

Hi, Usethis

I have a Satellite Toshiba laptop (A135-S2276) and in the last couple of days I'm reading about a lot of people who are trying, without success doing what you did.

Some reported talking to Toshiba support and being told that it can't be done. Obviously it can be done. you did it.

It will be great and much appreciated by many people if you could outline the steps you took.

Thanks,
uzidengineer,
3-21-07

U

uzidengineer

Postponing the project

Thanks, all.

I decided to return the A135-S2276.
I'm taking a 3 weeks trip tomorrow and I didn't
want to start something I can't finish.

I plan on buying a better one (like A135-S4467)
and "downgrade" it when I'm back your contributions
makes it possible.

B

bubamara

Hello everyone,
Yesterday, I bought Toshiba A135 S2276 with Windows Vista.
System is ridiculous. Using the system for 30 minutes was enought for me.
I formatted the drive and loaded Win XP.
After 5 hours I found drivers for XP. My Toshiba is fine right now.
Maybe this link will help someone else.
I put all drivers to winrar archive.
Good luck!

here are the drivers for Toshiba A135 S2276

M

metabaron

Did someone in here manage to install the driver for SM Bus Controller? I have the A135-s2276. If yes, can you please tell me which driver/package or where to go to install that? I think I can live with the other two unknown device.

C

carlos.vazquez

toshiba satellite a135-2276

From Brazil: I got really impressed by the quantity and quality of the info posted here. I kinda fell fouled by toshiba cause this XP issue... I' ve just tried to download the toshiba.rar from sendspace but unfortunatelly I failed :rolleyes: The download from toshiba.de is taking ages. Can someone help me sharing those drivers by placing then somewhere else? And folks, congratulattions by the comunity you've built here!

B

bs953

Toshiba woes

Hi all,
I have the Toshiba A135-S2276 I dumped Vista after a week of frustration. This thing smokes with xp pro sp2 in it. O.k. driver problems ye-haw lots of fun. First pop in your restore disk that Toshiba was so nice to provide use the install drivers option. Also install only a couple of the Toshiba apps. Such as the software upgrade, Toshiba assist etc etc. DO not use any of the DVD programs if you plan on using anything else. PERIOD dont use the drive silencer either. Just trust me. ********
I found the annoying little wireless adapter driver at http://www.phoenixnetworks.net/atheros.php
http://www.phoenixnetworks.net/atheros/Atheros-7.0.0.119-Vista-RC2-5744.zip
That will fix the network card issue. The audio driver I found at http://www.realtek.com.tw/
I am still on the video driver hunt and the other errors. Though I would get this up now.

- Edited out to meet AUP.

E

edjohn

Hang Problems

Hi my laptop is a A135-S2276.. Got it working with XP thanks to your posts.. But i did'nt get the sound to work with the drivers you provided and installed the vista driver for sound then installed your driver.. it did work but im having hang problems when browsing and even when just going through folders. And didnt also got the high definition audio bus with the toshiba driver. Can anyone please help me.. Many Thanks!!!

E

edjohn

Thanks for the audio driver.. It also fixed my hang problems. I think the vista audio driver that I used caused my hang problems.. Question do you have your video driver yet? If you dont the link is at page 2 of this forum its the Omega driver. Works fine with my laptop. Thanks again bs953. :)

datars

datars

Thanks everyone that put there heads together in resolving this problem, which Toshiba should be shot for pulling this Crap, and I'll be doing my thing in the stores to inform other’s not to buy Toshiba. One of my PC customers wanted to buy a new laptop, and this is what they ended up with. "Toshiba A135-2276".

What will help this laptop perform well, is adding 2G of Ram and a 7200 RPM HD.

I installed XP Pro and Vista as a dual boot, on its own partition.

As far as the Omega drivers, they work, but now the laptop keeps crashing, but this maybe do to all the attempts I made to find drivers that would not work. So I'll start a new install later today. I would like to know if anyone else is having the same problem with there Toshiba crashing.

Chuck

Last edited:
datars

datars

I have all the XP Drivers for Toshiba A135-2276, and will upload them later tonight.

UnKnown SMBus Controller
ATI I/O Commuications Processor SMBus Controller

UnKnown Device
Direct Application Launch Button

UnKnown Device
Direct Application Launch Button

you can burn them to a CD and windows will find them and install

A big thanks to all that help on this post

Chuck

Attachments

Last edited:
D

dth

Thanks a lot! You're a lifesaver. :) Now I'm able to install drivers for the two remain unknown devices (Direct Application Launch Button). But it seems your file is corrupted. I got some problems when extracting it though I dowloaded it several times. But if I got all the devices working, how can I change the brightness of the LCD and use power saver utility?

datars

datars

dth said:
Thanks a lot! You're a lifesaver. :) Now I'm able to install drivers for the two remain unknown devices (Direct Application Launch Button). But it seems your file is corrupted. I got some problems when extracting it though I dowloaded it several times. But if I got all the devices working, how can I change the brightness of the LCD and use power saver utility?
Did you use a download utility (manager)? If so that can corrupt the download.

This one here works the best and it’s free
http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/download.htm

I’ll download it and test it.
What I like about this download site is that it verifies the file after uploading.

One site that is worth signing up for, too keep track of your uploads.

D

dth

Well, I downloaded with FlashGet. Maybe I'll download it again. Anyway, all the devices are working perfectly now, but do you know how I can change the brightness of the LCD and use hot keys like Fn+Fx?

datars

datars

dth said:
Well, I downloaded with FlashGet. Maybe I'll download it again. Anyway, all the devices are working perfectly now, but do you know how I can change the brightness of the LCD and use hot keys like Fn+Fx?
When I use FlashGet, I also get a corrupted file, but the download manager I posted here, the file is AOK.

As far as the LCD brightness hot keys, I reload Vista from the Toshiba restore disk, and look into the OS for any software that maybe running this.

O

Odeamici

So far the best post for this Toshiba

datars said:
Toshiba A135-S2276 XP Drivers Full.

Unzip and Burn CD

Tested on a fresh install of XP

Drivers here

I made the Cd and it works fine and solve all the problems, thank you all of you guys for expend time doing that.

For sure and in some way you will get your awards.

Thanks again.;)

F

fx10000

This Forum and Thread are great!!

The drivers worked just fine and now the Toshiba A135-S2276 is very quick with XP and 1.5 GB of ram. Vista was a dog....not to mention the Toshiba programs which were not needed slowed it to a crawl. I tried to first get rid of the installed programs running in the background and then tried to tweak Vista a bit to up the performance. I thought adding the 1 gig of ram to the 512 that it came with would help but it didn't.

Only after formating and installing XP did it come to life. Blazing fast now!!

Thanks guys!!

Associates