thoughts on case...

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
The Biggest Risk......Is not taking one!
The choice of a case is highly individual because it involves style. Get one that you really like, no matter what anyone else thinks.

W

weirdo

The choice of a case is highly individual because it involves style. Get one that you really like, no matter what anyone else thinks.
I agree there! I like that style, but as I'm sure you are aware, some cases are purely just crap! very small inside making it difficult to work...jam packed causing the case to overheat more...poor airflow, etc, etc. I was curious on some of these aspects of the case.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
I've purchased five XION cases from my local MicroCenter retailer and really like em. They were all the same model and had power supplies in em for $49.99..

Only issue I had was that one of em came with blue lighted fans instead of the green that was marked on the box;)

W

weirdo

I've purchased five XION cases from my local MicroCenter retailer and really like em. They were all the same model and had power supplies in em for $49.99..

Only issue I had was that one of em came with blue lighted fans instead of the green that was marked on the box;)

Same model - as in same model one I mentioned?

C

Captain_Juno

Friggen |\|o0bzor Member
Here's the one I've been getting. (price has gone up 15 since my last purchase)

I looks to have the same number of drive slots minus one 3 1/2
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0232152
I have the exact same case but with blue lights. I haven't had any problems with it. I'm thinking maybe one of the blue lights in the front went out but this does not bother me and I'm sure it would not be hard to fix or get fixed by XION. The only thing is I don't know if it has room for any of the nicer video cards. I have an older 6800gs and it fits but it's also a lot smaller. I'm thinking a bigger card could but it's cutting it close it seems. Someone else who has put another card in would have to confirm.

W

weirdo

Here's the one I've been getting. (price has gone up 15 since my last purchase)

I looks to have the same number of drive slots minus one 3 1/2
http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0232152
Thanks, I'll check that link out!

I have the exact same case but with blue lights. I haven't had any problems with it. I'm thinking maybe one of the blue lights in the front went out but this does not bother me and I'm sure it would not be hard to fix or get fixed by XION. The only thing is I don't know if it has room for any of the nicer video cards. I have an older 6800gs and it fits but it's also a lot smaller. I'm thinking a bigger card could but it's cutting it close it seems. Someone else who has put another card in would have to confirm.
Thanks for that input! That could be a difference on the call since I'm looking at the 9800GT cards.

W

weirdo

One other question - where the supplied PSU's good?

Last edited:

Associates