Thoughts of having a female boss?

Ratt

Ratt

News travels fast through the grapevine. Got a personal call from a lady boss that she wants me to work under her as an investigator concerning "incidents" that involves truckers. She's convinced that I'm the right person for the job based on a few recommendations and my experience. Well, this is the first time I had an offer from a female superior and frankly, I'm dumbfounded. Met her a few times before but I never expected this.

I said thanks and I'll keep an open mind if the offer is good. Personally, nothing beats the freedom of the open road and I haven't worked in a 9 to 5 office environment for a long time. Sure there are some occupational hazards while on the road but there are all within one's control.

Guys, any feedback from working with a female boss? Never had one before.

E

ELF2000

I had a female boss that was a year younger than me. She was nice to her staff and there where no favorites.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
This kind of reminds me of the ol saying: "If you have to ask how much - you probably can't afford it."

Isn't the bigger question-> working in an office versus the open road...

If you know and trust the people that hired her - forget that she's a woman. In theory, it shouldn't matter what sex the boss is. When he or she says JUMP - they mean JUMP:eek:

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Never had any luck with any female bosses.... Every single time I got laid off or screwed over it was due to some female in power. Job performance isn't something they care about at all, I always bent over backwards and busted my tail and always had great numbers and still got shafted every time.

I have never had any good luck at all, never in my whole work history as it never mattered how good I did my job or how good I was.

I always showed them the full respect they deserved, but in the end they all ended up screwing me and other guys over.

From my 30 years of work history women make horrible managers as they make decisions based on how it makes them feel rather than using common since.

It does however depend on how they got to the Position they are in also, if they really did get it on job merit and worked their way up to it then they do tend to be better most of the time.

If it was given to them because they are a female or they knew someone they just plain suck, I have seen that happen way too many times in the past.

Too many of them get swelled heads and really go on a power trip..... It's really pathetic to see also...... They tend to do and say things that if they had been a man they would have had the crap kicked out of them or fired or both. The higher ups never do anything about it either because she is a female and if the higher up are all females it's really bad.

But then some guys have the same issues.

You have all seen the type, being a jerk just because they can and making it harder on everyone and causing undue tension in the workplace.

I have been in Management most of my life. ;)

I am not saying they are all like that, but all the ones I have run into over the years have been.

Just watch your back if you take the job.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
WOW...I've been in the full time work force for 37 years...Probably half my bosses were women. Can't say I ever had a problem with them that could be related to gender.

Best boss ever was a woman. To this day - I'd still take a bullet for her. Main reason I'd do that - I'm certain she'd take one for me.

Then there was a job where out of three hundred people...I was one of three guys that worked in the division. It was great being surrounded by a large number of babes:cool:

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
WOW...I've been in the full time work force for 37 years...Probably half my bosses were women. Can't say I ever had a problem with them that could be related to gender.

Best boss ever was a woman. To this day - I'd still take a bullet for her. Main reason I'd do that - I'm certain she'd take one for me.

Then there was a job where out of three hundred people...I was one of three guys that worked in the division. It was great being surrounded by a large number of babes:cool:

That's why I said from my experiences and from I have seen. ;)

The last one was the worst of them all by far and she still has the job and everyone knows how she is even outside of the District. I can't even put into words how bad she is and how badly she treats her people. The way she got into the Company is Hubby is some big shot way up at Corporate, She is a District Manager and IMO shouldn't even be with the Company at all. Threats, hostile work environment and basic torment is the order of how she operates. Everyone is scared to death of her so she runs it all on fear and intimidation. If one doesn't Brown Nose her big time they are gone, I can't tell you how many managers have been fired, but I was at least 3 or 4 including me. I never sucked up to her, ever because my numbers were excellent, the best in the District, but that didn't matter in the end. The better my numbers were the worse it got for me until they set me up in a catch-22 situation. So in the end I was let go for following Corporate Policy to the letter.

But you see her boss is also a female and just as bad as she is.... Not sure about the Females about that one, but they are all female now up to and including the CEO.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
she runs it all on fear and intimidation
I've been there before. I used to go home for lunch and lay on the couch and shake cause my nerves were shot.

Me and several people finally found out that if you got back in her face that you'd break her down and she'd be afraid of us...Not afraid per se, but she never jumped on us again. Your mileage may vary.

EDIT: She could just as easily been a guy...But I was 23'ish and she was 50+ Red hair and 6' 1".....

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
I've been there before. I used to go home for lunch and lay on the couch and shake cause my nerves were shot.

Me and several people finally found out that if you got back in her face that you'd break her down and she'd be afraid of us...Not afraid per se, but she never jumped on us again. Your mileage may vary.

EDIT: She could just as easily been a guy...But I was 23'ish and she was 50+ Red hair and 6' 1".....

It wouldn't work with her, she just fired people on the spot. Some tried it and they were gone, nobody could ever stand up to her and keep their job.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
People who’s main game is fear by intimidation do it out of they’re own sense of insecurity. Unfortunately as you’ve seen, if she’s stupid enough to fire people with backbone….there isn’t much you can do…

The red headed witch I worked with finally got fired…She ran off a ton of good people and it took the company way too long to see where the problem really was.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
People who’s main game is fear by intimidation do it out of they’re own sense of insecurity. Unfortunately as you’ve seen, if she’s stupid enough to fire people with backbone….there isn’t much you can do…

The red headed witch I worked with finally got fired…She ran off a ton of good people and it took the company way too long to see where the problem really was.
That's how is usually is because the ones who put them in that position in the 1st place have to admit they made a mistake.

You know nobody in Corporate management ever want to admit they are wrong and they will force the issue for as long as they can.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
The really funny thing is that all the Managers that I have talked to since I got screwed over told me that I am one of the lucky ones who got out. ;)

It just keeps getting worse all the time from what I gathered form what they have been telling me.

Ratt

Ratt

Isn't the bigger question-> working in an office versus the open road...
Was an office warrior in the 90s before becoming a road warrior. After reading this thread some of the forgotten memories of the good and the bad came flooding back. :eek:

Just watch your back if you take the job.
Will do. Thanks. I did my homework and lets just say that I'll weigh my options carefully. :D

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what it's like in other professions but in the corporate world where I work there is no appreciable difference between Males and females. Except of course for about four or five days each month…

Ratt

Ratt

There's a lot more difference than that. ;) If Men and Women were really equal then we would be synchronous hermaphrodites like snails and earthworms. Ugh.

Those damned feminists makes much sense to me as the following statement:
We have the exact same suit but in a completely different style. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good plan but I remembered something that occurred a long time ago... What if she resigns or get fired, leaving you to take the heat?

Office politics the game that everybody plays...

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
There's a lot more difference than that. ;) If Men and Women were really equal then we would be synchronous hermaphrodites like snails and earthworms. Ugh.

Those damned feminists makes much sense to me as the following statement:
We have the exact same suit but in a completely different style. :rolleyes:

Sounds like a good plan but I remembered something that occurred a long time ago... What if she resigns or get fired, leaving you to take the heat?

Office politics the game that everybody plays...

Yep, most will sell out the ones below them in a heartbeat when they need too. ;)

Bottom line is you can't really trust anyone in the business world because either they are below you stabbing you in the back trying to get your job or above you letting you take all the heat and the blame trying to save their job.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Equal does not mean the same. It only means the same in mathematics or programming.

M

mobilehe

Ya, It's not so bad. It's just like having a guy boss. Except sometimes they can be eye candy as well. It's much nicer getting yelled at by an attractive girl than some lame guy, Lol.

Ratt

Ratt

Ya, It's not so bad. It's just like having a guy boss. Except sometimes they can be eye candy as well. It's much nicer getting yelled at by an attractive girl than some lame guy, Lol.
As if being yelled in the house by the spouse is not enough? :D

Associates