This place is a ghost town now!

markjs

markjs

Vlad The Impaler
Sad, and my fault as much as anyone else who has abandoned it. I owe this place most of what I know about computers. I've even made a fair amount of money fixing PCs and it all started with an obsolete 486 and a copy of Windows 98. I ended up buying a new motherboard and a Cyrix 233MHz chip and doing my first upgrade. Then I upgraded from Win 95 to 98, and learned so much on this board. The people were friendly and helpful and I owe this place and the members of that era much. Sad to see this place such a shadow of it's former self.

I remember the AMD vs. Intel arguments. Being so stoked when I got my first Celeron 366 to overclock to 550, then another 533 that did 850Mhz. Anyway, just thought to myself this morning, "what ever happened to HWC forums?" Apparently it has all but died. Really though, I'm sure a few old timey members still exist, so a shout out and many thanks for all the learning I did here.

glussier

glussier

I think that there is still quite a few old timer lurking around, and they would post more if there was more activity on the forum.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Two things happened: Computers have become a commodity item, and laptops have taken over from desktops, reducing dramatically the changes or fixes a user can do.

Associates