the shoe that becomes lighter!

Ponch

Ponch

I visited London the other day and passing by Oxgord Street, I checked Foot Locker, just for fun (actually I need new running shoes after hundreds and hundreds of kms). I was amazed by an Adidas that had a visible µchip inside the sole. One of the vendors passed by and asked me if I was interrested, I asked if the chip was there to create some illumination of the shoe while it was moving. He smiled a bit patronizing... and explained to me that the shoe... actually computes the state of the surface you are running on and also adapts to the running style. Great. Then he said that the shoe can make the sole harder or softer... and also if it senses that the runner is tired (remember "running style") it becomes lighter. My girlfiend immediately said "how can it become lighter ?", he said "I can't explain, but it does".
And I think he believed it and still does. I had a good laugh out of the shop.
And of course, you run faster when the shoe becomes lighter :D
Have you ever had someone telling you such bs trying to sell something ?

krupted

krupted

you didnt know of the new chip that is being made that can decrease and increase mass at will without any foreign weight introduced?:p

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

If you are serious about running I would suggest Mizuno performance series.

I use Phantom Classics, 230g shoe, and ever since I first tried one, I never even consider getting anything else anymore.

Mind you this are not exactly the cheapest sneakers around, but IMO well worth the money.

Oh and back to the topic, all the time :D
Thats one of the reasons I hatethis modern way of doing business so much.

Originally posted by krupted
you didnt know of the new chip that is being made that can decrease and increase mass at will without any foreign weight introduced?:p
does that come with or without anti-gravity propulsion system ;)

Last edited:
ThePerson98

ThePerson98

Ive seen commercials for those shoes, they look all neat. But they are probably really expensive too.

wonderinguy34

wonderinguy34

Restless Nocturne
Originally posted by ThePerson98
Ive seen commercials for those shoes, they look all neat. But they are probably really expensive too.
I heard $250,not sure if thats US$ or Cdn$.

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

This just randomly came to my mind for a disturbingly odd reason. The threads name is "the shoe that becomes lighter" I just thought, "the shoe that sets you on fire" *can imagine watching some guy all the sudden being set on fire.

C

cliffsthern78

Woah, there's actually a shoe thread here! Been looking for one. I know this is really an old thread, sorry!

More than a decade later, many marketing strategies are still like that. Shoes that make you run faster, lighter, etc. But not all are just words though. Been happy for the advancements in shoe technologies too that accommodate those with special conditions. Nowadays even those with injuries can have special shoes to help then continue their passion for running. I am flat-footed but I can still run with the use of shoes designed for my condition (source: https://www.shoeguide.org/running-shoes-flat-feet/). I know some people with plantar fasciitis that can still run with the use of proper shoes. So it's been amazing so far.

Associates