The future of gaming?

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
It certainly looks to have potential, although some of the comments just say this is just a rehashing of the voxels idea which has been around for years. The developers don't give away much info about the technology to be sure though.

It'll be interesting to see how it develops as they try to add in physics, animations, etc.

I think we'll still need those expensive polygon-crunching graphics cards for a while yet though :)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Maybe not a scam (from what I've been reading). Just not going to see it anytime soon.

From John Carmack:

Re Euclideon, no chance of a game on current gen systems, but maybe several years from now. Production issues will be challenging.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Yeah it doesn't seem like a scam to me - just a classic case of someone trying to talk up their product into something far greater than it actually is (yet, anyway).

D

digitaldog

Still here!
Looks very impressive! Some games already have great graphics but that certainly adds a new dimension to gameplay. How long before we can actually play 'in' a game I wonder, to be able to walk around the corridors of Doom and encounter face-to-face the zombies etc rather than just watching on a screen, that would be a step in a very big direction and if gaming technology is moving forward I hope it moves more positively in that direction!

Associates