Thanks for the help

P

Paulsim

I just wanted to thank these forums and the people who contirbute. I haven't posted a lot but I have read most of the threads over the past month and they have been a wealth of information. I built my first computer from the ground up and it went relatively smoothly. I didn't seat the memory properly and I bought the wrong cd drive (now I have two!) but it all works now and it smokes compared to what I had. I play a really old NASCAR sim and my frame rates went from around 30 to over 140. I can now play Ghost Recon AW 2 without the graphic lag. Thanks for the component suggestions and the help on "what the heck kinda connector is this?"

Hopefully I can get a few years out of this one or grow out of playing video games. Yeah right. Thanks again.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
From personal experience, it appears you are coming down with a common affliction...UpGradeMyComputerItus. Common Side Effects are:
Frequent purchase of new hardware
Feeling the Need for Speed in games
Occasional desire for new games

Glad you are up and running.
Cheers!

P

Paulsim

No doubt. I also am just searching for people to have a conversation about SATA or IDE cables, AMD vs. Intel, PCIE vs. AGP, features of motherboards and all sorts of geeky stuff. 3 months ago I didn't know squat about any of this. I have a friend I race with online who works for Intel and I asked him about the 45nm technology. He was surprised and asked me how I knew about that. I supplied him with a link to the post here. :cool:

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Yeah, all the people I know have no clue about any of this. For Christmas, I emailed several people my newegg wishlist. I can't tell you how many people have said, "well, I got you something, but I have no idea what the heck it is!" :D

The hardest part is explaining any of this to such people, as you have to keep things pretty basic or you'll lose them in a hurry. :eek:

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

ThreeOnTheTree said:
The hardest part is explaining any of this to such people, as you have to keep things pretty basic or you'll lose them in a hurry. :eek:
Agreed. For the most part, all they really want to know is that it does what they want it to.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for taking the time to post that. It's appreciated. We're glad the forum was of help. -JP

Associates