THANK YOU Mjarmark....Search Function is working!!!

B

Bad Bob

I have seen nothing but good stuff going on here lately. You guys are making a big difference in the quality of the forums in general.
Fine job. You are definately the man.
Consider yourself promoted....... WITH PAY!!!!

------------------
I Started With Nothing ....And I Still Have Most Of It Left!!!!!!

Nope. No good.
On a pc with a completely new Windows installation, a search on "amd","toolbox" or "creative" gave just as many hits as a search on "potato" ( had to try
), which would be exactly 0.
This was using both the regular and the power search on HWC. Well, at least AltaVista works, it seems to index all the threads at this site.
Any suggestions?

I think the administrators are doing a much better job now than before though.

BTW, have you guys done something with the account of the member by the username of "jopey", he has been unable to post here for quite some time?

[This message has been edited by 1 (edited 02-17-2000).]

R

Rich

Dude.. everytime I see your username I think about that old Three Dogs Night song!

B

Bad Bob

1, So what's the difference between "toolbox" and "potato" anyway??

Just kidding Potato, er, I mean Toolbox.

------------------

B

Bad Bob

1, I just did a search using Toolbox, Amd, Creative, and got all kinds of hits. I even got a hit using potato
from last year from a joke someone posted. Are you sure your search options are set up alright?? I don't think that it's HWC's problem.

------------------

Never mind, it seems to be working now. It didn't 4 hours ago though, something strange is going on?

zodder

zodder

Suedehead
Great job on the search, guys. You really have put a lot of effort into the site the last couple of weeks and it shows. Thanks!

P

Payne

umm, errr, I just tried the search from 2 different computers and I get no results from anything I search for.

Payne

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you are using the forum search and not the internet.com search...

Thanks...

------------------
Michael Jarmark
http://www.internet.com