Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines for PC

D

digitaldog

Still here!
This is a fun game especially for fans of the Terminator movies. The game keeps you on the edge of your seat and you get plenty of weapons to take on either Terminator or Human foes. Unfortunately there are no cheats that I've found that work with the PC version of the game, I don't cheat in every game but this game requires a certain amount of skill to prevent the player from being terminated within 5 minutes of game play. when I have time I shall look a little deeper and see what I can come up with ;) The eye candy graphics and aggressive AI all add up to good game play and the game can be enhanced with the use of additional accessories such as vibrating mice, seats and screens although you can save yourself a small fortune by buying a house next to a railway line, London mainline is a good example. Your whole house vibrates for free, not so good for the fillings in your teeth but might add some realism to playing FPS's with lots of explosions! On the subject of realism, I remember playing a game called Aces High and read with interest the comments of some youngsters on a forum complaining that the game was not realistic enough. Personally I prefer to reach for a cup of coffee and a biscuit during game play instead of sitting peppered with bullit holes with blood oozing from every orifice and needing to go to the hospital every five minutes for emergency surgery but each to their own I guess :)

Back to the Terminator theme, how long, I wonder, before Terminator fiction becomes Terminator fact ? Intel and AMD are making ever more tech advances in the world of chip technology, how long before computers actually do start to think for themselves, any comments on my ramblings or am I just getting paranoid in my old age ?

DD :)

nodnod

nodnod

Dismember
I might check that game out. I notice that there are trainers for the game which will allow you to cheat at single player

D

digitaldog

Still here!
That's interesting, I'll have to look harder as I couldn't find any for the PC version of the game only the Play Station variety :rolleyes:

The original Terminator games, running in dos and then W95 were, at that time in computer game history, great fun to play and sent shudders up your spine in some levels! Terminator and its add-on Future Shock are now collectables which makes me wish I hadn't given them away. I remember playing Future Shock with a pal from 6pm right through until 8am the next morning all because I didn't know where the 'Use' key was on the keyboard. We'd killed everything in the level, survived the very nasty floating mines, and all that was left to finish the level was to open a simple steel door....After millions of bullets, rockets, grenades would that door open ? Would it monkeys! I had to phone the hints line to find out how to open the door :)

Associates