Take the road rage test

Ratt

Ratt

nelsoncp21 said:
shoot i drive a toyota pickup and cut through every gap i can.i spend between 3-4 hours a day on 95 and let me tell you if people weren't such idiots and knew how to drive on 95 then i wouldn't resort to the driving that i do.everyone always thinks they're way is the right way when it comes to driving.if everybody just excepted the fact that my way is the only right way then we would be fine :D
I hope you're joking! :eek: :D

At the end of the day, the most important thing is to get to the destination safely and without causing trouble to other road users.

Losing one's temper while driving an 18 wheeler / artic(UK) can have serious consequences... ;) I swear that some drivers will try to overtake me by going over or under my truck if possible. :D

If the going gets tough just remember the classic Eagles song:

Take it easy, take it easy...
Don't let the sound of your heartbeat drive you crazy...

JPnyc said:
I pretty much knew what the outcome was gonna be, but I took it anyway:
Knowing where one's strength and weakness is good. There is always room for improvement. :)

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
From what I have seen (Everyday) Most people can't drive and shouldn't really be on the road at all. :mad:

They don't use their turn signals at all.......

They don't know how to merge.

They can't make a right turn without almost stopping first.

At red lights (if they don't run them) they just sit there forever before they get going when the light turns green. :rolleyes:

Most will pass you on the road only to make a right turn when there is no traffic behind you at all. (This is pretty bad as I drive pretty fast, usually 5 - 10 mph above the speed Limit).

They speed through parking lots at 40 or 50 mph..... :eek: (Extremely dangerous)

E

ELF2000

Here are your personal scores/results in the four areas that we analyzed:

Safety:

You are a Safe Driver
Your Safety Score: 75 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 69.19%

Aggressiveness:

You are a Passive Driver
Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 42.5 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 57.02%

Courtesy:

You are a Courteous Driver
Your Courtesy Score: 75 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 73.75%

Rage:

You are a Potential Road Rager
Your Degree of Rage: 47.5 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 55.55%%

jankerson I aggree with you:)

N

nelsoncp21

I hope you're joking!
well i said it jokingly but really thats how i drive.

Losing one's temper while driving an 18 wheeler / artic(UK) can have serious consequences...
actually i agree.
I give truck drivers full courtesy on the road with few exceptions.those being when they drive in the left lane when signs resrtict it every 100'.When they act like they own the road(for instance traffic jam and i'm driving on the shoulder it ain't their business don't try and act like you have the right to correct me.I watched another pickup truck throw a full big gulp across the highway at a 18 wheeler for doing that and i laughed histericly he deserved it.)Yes i use the shoulders sometimes so what mind your own business and if you try to stop me i have four wheel drive i'll go around you on the grass i've done it before. :D

I know i'm the driver everybody hates on the road but honestly i don't resort to stuff like that unless triggered by somebody doing something completely stupid.It's 180 miles round trip for me 5 days a week.I have seen just bout everything on the highway.I've avoided more accidents from people not merging correctly or people scared of driving on the highway.Thats where i see most accidents and backups not from aggressive drivers.

if your the idiot in the left lane and someone is right behind you and no one is in front of you, you are suppose to get over,you are causing that backup for the past 5 miles, you are causing people to drive agressively, you are causing road rage.YOU ARE THE PROBLEM JUST MOVE OVER AND LET THOSE 100 CARS YOUR PISSING OFF BEHIND YOU GO BY :mad:

N

nelsoncp21

lmao,wrathchild i don't force my way i just go through openings.sorry man it ain't nothing personal.to clear what i've said i don't cut people off.i'm not that rude and i do use blinkers.i feel your pain though cause if you drive in dc people there think that if they start to change lanes your suppose to avoid them.On the contrary i'll be the first one to let you hit me.it won't be my fault they we're changing lanes not me!And your right my driving is the worst nobody should do it.how ya doing i'm nobody.

Leoslocks

Leoslocks

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Safety:

You are a Safe Driver
Your Safety Score: 67.5 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 69.19%

Aggressiveness:

You are a Marginally Aggressive Driver
Your Degree of Aggressiveness: 55 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 57.02%

Courtesy:

You are a Courteous Driver
Your Courtesy Score: 80 %

The average score among all people who have recently taken this test is 73.75%

Rage:

You are a Potential Road Rager
Your Degree of Rage: 52.5 %

nelsoncp21, if you see some older people waging their head or laughing at you, it may very well be some of the people your Zipped around on the shoulder 2 miles back in the traffic jamb.
I see young men (and women) driving like you describe and getting nowhere very fast. It has been stated that Youth is Noted for its Level of Awareness. Too bad that Youth is Wasted on the Young.

Ratt

Ratt

jankerson said:
Most will pass you on the road only to make a right turn when there is no traffic behind you at all. (This is pretty bad as I drive pretty fast, usually 5 - 10 mph above the speed Limit).
Yeah, this is a big issue for me compared to others. If only people realise that a laden semi weighing 95,000lbs or more takes a fair amount of distance to slow down... :(

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Ratt said:
Yeah, this is a big issue for me compared to others. If only people realise that a laden semi weighing 95,000lbs or more takes a fair amount of distance to slow down... :(

They will find out the hard way. :D

I remember once a Dumb Truck Driver told me some idiot pulled right in front of him just before a red light..(Right at the Light), he had a full load.... :eek:

Oh well, he ran right over top of the idiot...nothing he could do to stop it.

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Ratt,

There is a good reason why I drive a Full size Pickup, an 05 Dodge Ram 1500. :D

I am bigger than most of what is out there on the road, and if some moron hits me they will total their car or SUV and might put a scratch on my bumper....at worst maybe a small dent on my truck. ;)

krupted

krupted

argh, i got sick of answering questions so i just clicked whatever and it ended up being the last two............ got like a 67

N

nelsoncp21

i can't believe how clueless some people are when they jump right in front of 18 wheelers on the highway.not only is it hard for them to stop but they seem to have a real problem staying awake at the wheel lately.seems like every other week in md another truck driver fell asleep at the wheel.

oh and yeah people make some really funny faces at me i wish i had a camera sometimes.

Ratt

Ratt

What can I say?

Like ACDC once sang, it is a Highway to Hell. :D

Driving dangerously without concern for others does not help either.... ;)

Ratt

Ratt

jankerson said:
Ratt,

There is a good reason why I drive a Full size Pickup, an 05 Dodge Ram 1500. :D

I am bigger than most of what is out there on the road, and if some moron hits me they will total their car or SUV and might put a scratch on my bumper....at worst maybe a small dent on my truck. ;)
Good choice. :)

Maybe I should be getting an International CXT or Freightliner M2 SportChassis...

Have you ever tested them?

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Ratt said:
Good choice. :)

Maybe I should be getting an International CXT or Freightliner M2 SportChassis...

Have you ever tested them?

I haven't see them yet..... :confused:

We don't handle anything above the Ram 3500's where I work so I dunno.

N

nelsoncp21

wow, some people are insane.The worst drive into work this morning.I had a guy literally tryin to get me to hit him for no reason.All I did was try to go around him when he slowed from 85 to 75.I wasn't riding his bumper or weaving in traffic or anything i simply went to go around him and he sped up.So I let him go up a couple car legths and i got back in the left lane since he was moving along.Thats when he started slaming on his brakes and trying to get me to hit him.What did i do to him nothing.He literally hit the brakes so hard that he went from 75 to 15 in the left lane of 95.me and like 5 other cars had to swerve off the road scretching in order to avoid hitting this jerk.I don't get it I wasn't tailgating or using highbeams until he started slaming on his brakes on me.And there was no one in front of him.I need a shot gun in my truck so i can start shooting engine blocks. :mad:

Ratt

Ratt

nelsonc21p,

I wish I have answers to all the things that people do. Only yesterday when I was passing under an overhead pedestrian bridge someone spat and it ended on my windscreen while on my way to deliver a 20 footer container. I just continued on my way and used the windscreen wiper.

IMO, there is no need to be pissed off and ruin the mood for the rest of the day. I just take it easy and follow Robocop's advice:

Stay out of trouble. ;)

Here's an incident I witnessed two years ago at night:
I was at a police station talking to an officer when all of a sudden a Honda car entered the compound with horns blazing and a teenager on the hood of the car. A few officers rushed out thinking it was an accident and the teenager was stuck onto the hood. A moment later another car with two teenagers entered the compound.

They all went into the station and I found out that the driver of Honda car was a mother with her daughter. They were both hysterical with tears running down their faces.

The mother claimed that the 3 teenagers were tailgating her although the teenagers denied doing this. At a traffic light the mother showed them the one finger salute and sped off.

The three teenagers then pursuited after the Honda and forced the mother to stop. The three teenagers got out of the car, the mother then gassed the pedal and unfortunately one of the teenagers was in front of the car and he ended on the hood.

The funniest thing is that one of the teenagers and the daughter of the mother were classmates and recognized each other and I think that all of them are from the same college. :D

Thankfully no one was hurt or even worse killed. I don't know whether any charges were pressed since I got out of the station soon after that.... :eek: :eek:

Last edited:

Associates