System is very glitchy after installing new motherboard.

Astralogic

Astralogic

Hi, I just installed a gigabyte ga-z77x-d3h into my system (i5 3570), and even after reinstalling windows the computer is very glitchy, it takes ages to come on, freezes, and usb devices don't work half the time.

I'm thinking it's a dodgy motherboard. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Astralogic

Astralogic

Actually my first post was wrong, (this is someone else's computer) reinstalling windows fixed the glitches it just pauses on the windows logo for about five minutes before booting up.

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

You may want to take a look at the boot order. If there is a device listed in the boot sequence before the HDD, try setting the HDD as the first device and see if that improves things.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
You may want to take a look at the boot order. If there is a device listed in the boot sequence before the HDD, try setting the HDD as the first device and see if that improves things.
+1

Also check to see if you have any devices in device manager in yellow/red. A sfc /scannow couldn't hurt. :)

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
If it's on the Windows boot screen, then it has already passed the other boot devices.

Did you look in Event Viewer for errors? There could be hanging services that are holding up the boot process.

Associates