Surely I can't be the only person in the entire World looking forward to X2: Threat?

D

davidstone28

Surely I can't be the only person in the entire World looking forward to X2: The Threat?

Come on guys, Elite for the 21st Century!!

Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing

Mild Mannered Superhero
I have just been running the rolling demo this morning to see it. I can't believe we have to wait until February to get this game in Europe because of 'language conversions' and needing a 'synchronised launch across Europe'.

:(

That's all fair and good... but the UK versions would be almost identical to the US one. So why delay it?

Right now the benchmark is giving me an average framerate just over 62fps at 1024x768 and 32-bit with eye candy on. The game looks like it will rock. But the demo bit when the guy's in a spacesuit and his visor starts cracking is a bit creepy...

I am definately anticipating this game.

:)

D

davidstone28

Yeah, I get an average of 62fps on the benchmark as well, although it drops to about 30-40fps when there's alot of action on screen.

It will be interesting to see how this game plays and whether it really is the true successor to Elite. Many of the early reviews are rather mixed.

Not sure why they've delayed it until February 2004. I suspect they've rushed it out for the Christmas market.

I'm downloading the Aussie version to see how well it plays before deciding whether to buy it when it comes out :D

scutzi128

scutzi128

Philly Sports Freak
Just to let you guys know gogamer.com has x2 in stock but in limited quanities for only 29.99. Im thinking of buying it myself.

dannyboy27

dannyboy27

Lazy
Visually it looks even more stunning than the original did upon its release. I found the original too slow though.

Does anyone know if the pace of the sequel will be any different, and whether it's online only?

Captain Amazing

Captain Amazing

Mild Mannered Superhero
Update:

Following my moan/rant about delays on the UK version of the game, according to PCZONE magazine the game will hit the shelves in February but will be a updated and a bit bigger than the non-european vesion. I suppose while the translators are updating the UI and stuff, the developes will have a little time to add in a few extras.

I will be interested to see exactly what the differences are...

Associates