Super Pi Contest

drzaius2

drzaius2

Help Computa

tried 2460mhz (205x12) 2-3-3-6 and got 44s. can't go any higher on the memory with cas2 which is unfortunate.

glussier

glussier

Laptop Ibm thinkpad ti42p
2ghz Dothan
1gB ram

Superpie 1M ==> 45seconds

P4 550 ([email protected]) 266mhz cpu bus 1066mhz memory bus default voltage 1.375v
Cooling ==> Thermaltake Silentower with stock 92mm 2500rpm fan 52cfm.
Asus p5ad2-Premium
2gB Kingston hyperx2 ddr2 pc670

Superpie 1M ==> 32seconds

2 instances of Superpie ==> 43 seconds.

Btw Next weekend I'll find the max fsb and overclock I can reach and see if I can break the 29sec barrier.

PS I would like to see how an AMD64 fares while running 2 instances of Superpie.

Last edited:
drzaius2

drzaius2

Help Computa

well i'm now out of the top 10.. although i guess you could say i'm tied for 7th.

Last edited:
glussier

glussier

by drzaius2
well i'm now out of the top 10.. although i guess you could say i'm tied for 7th.
The trick for a good superpie score for a particular core is not clockspeed, it's as high an fsb as possible and thight memory timings.

drzaius2

drzaius2

Help Computa
can't.. i've tried my systems 2 extremes..

205mhz 2-3-3-6 with 2460mhz cpu and 222mhz 2.5-3-3-6 with 2442mhz cpu.

she just won't do it.. no biggie.

SaulTurnedPaul

SaulTurnedPaul

Hiking Member
Yeah well beat this.

Actually not as bad as I thought, to be honest. This is my backup system with a PIII Katmai and 256mb of PC100 on Win2k.

grover

grover

Ex pert
44s!

Managed to squeeze a little more performance out of mine by redlining all the voltages, cranking the fans to full & taking out the stops! Got my little P2.4C up to 3.31GHz, and my fsb to 278MHZ, boo-yah! Actually, it surprised me how little head-room I really have on this rig, but then again, I DID push her as far as I possibly could ;)

Edit: ROFL!! I was wondering how the hell you managed to get a PIII to run superpi in 48 seconds, Paul, until I realized it was 4 minutes and 48 seconds, hehehe...

glussier

glussier

I did a test on 3 other computers at home:

k62 [email protected] 112*4.5=504mhz
384gB sdram pc133 (not that it matters much)
Epox mvp3c2 (WinXP Pro. sp2)
Superpie 1M ==> 11min. 4sec.

Celeron Tualatin [email protected]
512mB sdram pc133
MSI 6309 version 5 (Win2k sp4)
Supermie 1M ==> 2min. 12sec.

Celeron Tualatin [email protected]
1.5gB sdram pc133
Asus tuv4x (WinXP Pro. sp2)
Superpie 1M ==> 1min. 52sec

Last edited:
M

Martin_89

i just noticed alot of u guys using older versions of CPU-Z there is a new version out; version 1.24

you can download it HERE

E

ELF2000

LOL SaulTurnedPaul, thats one farst computer you have there:D:D

glusier, how can your Tualatin @1.4ghz do 52sec:confused:

glussier

glussier

Originally posted by ELF2000
LOL SaulTurnedPaul, thats one farst computer you have there:D:D

glusier, how can your Tualatin @1.4ghz do 52sec:confused:
It's not 52sec. it's 1min. 52sec. . Sorry my mistake, it's been corrected now.

drzaius2

drzaius2

Help Computa
oh no.. not this again. i had just deleted all the old ones. oh well i'll updated it soon enough.

now if only i had a new system to contend with. :cool:

Burnt Powder

Burnt Powder

I want in on this. 43s without rigging my system to run better in this test. Specs in image and sig.

Attachments

glussier

glussier

Originally posted by Burnt Powder
I want in on this. 43s without rigging my system to run better in this test. Specs in image and sig.
What do you call a close to 700mhz overclock and a 200mhz bus instead of 166mhz if it's not rigging for better performance?

Burnt Powder

Burnt Powder

Originally posted by glussier
What do you call a close to 700mhz overclock and a 200mhz bus instead of 166mhz if it's not rigging for better performance?
Yes you are right drzaius2:
  • Everyday running clock in my everyday environment
  • Clock that is 100% stable and does not get through the test, only to lockup the second after you get the SS of the results saved
  • No fresh loading of the OS or shutting down stuff that is running in the background
That is what I call "not rigging for better performance/results". Oh and I just shaved off another second (down to 42s) while remaining 100% stable and not rigging my system for better performance/results (see SS) :D

Attachments

Last edited:

Associates