Super Pi Contest

M

Martin_89

Originally posted by Fisher of Men
That's because I don't load useless random garbage on my server. It only runs what it needs to.
doesnt take much to deleate it, but its up to you

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Heh i have nothing to compete with at the minute so go for it

/P.S currently on p3 1000 laptop after selling my pc.

But to be fair the quad processorness wouldnt help too much as superpi is a single processor written program so would perform as a single effort anyway.

P.P.S PLus u want someone to beat my above score so then my return will be so much better ;)

P.P.P.S Andy knows

Last edited:
agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
:D Indeed I do! My lips are sealed though, we'll all just have to wait for Marv's return to see what goodies he's been buying. I'm sure he'll start the purchasing as soon as he gets the money I owe him (don't worry mate, I won't forget).

So Fisher of Men, is that your home machine or is it a server for something else? Quad CPU's eh? That's mighty impressive. Care to share any motherboard specs or photos with us?

Viper222

Viper222

Nissan Driven
I got a score of 49 seconds. My system specs are in my sig.

I got a different score each time I ran it, until I closed all programs down.

d94

d94

after doing a fresh reload, my new time is 55sec, thats 10 sec off my previous time!
i wonder what it'll be when im running @ 3.4ghz

grover

grover

Ex pert
Originally posted by d94
now @ 3.25ghz
47Sec
Guess bus speed does matter? You're clocked 50mhz faster than me on a pretty much identical board, yet run 1 second slower- the only difference being I'm 2.4ghz oc'd and you're 2.6ghz oc'd ;)

drzaius2

drzaius2

Help Computa
45sec.

athlonXP-M 2500+ at 2300mhz, 219x10.5, 2.5-3-3-8.
fsb does have a big effect. i'm up there with 2500mhz athlons with 200fsb.

d94

d94

Guess bus speed does matter? You're clocked 50mhz faster than me on a pretty much identical board, yet run 1 second slower- the only difference being I'm 2.4ghz oc'd and you're 2.6ghz oc'd
yup!
when im OC'd to 3.4ghz w/1048mhz fsb i got 43 sec
workin on getting up to 3.6ghz!

Andy_83

Andy_83