Super Pi Contest

DJ_Keoki

DJ_Keoki

I am the Universe
Might have to update the table, sorry. ;) Testing out the limits of this new HSF. Pretty happy so far. New time: 44 sec.

EDIT: This is at 215x11.

Attachments

d94

d94

I just reloaded my system and my new time is 55 sec!
i'll O'c in a couple days and that time should go down a bit because i have pc3700 ram and its currently only running @ pc3200

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Press the print screen button,

Then open an image package like paint/paintshoppro etc.

Go to edit and paste as new image

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Thought I would update the table on behalf of Marv :)

I dropped from 11th place, to 4th... tieing with DJ_Keoki :cool:

Last edited:
DJ_Keoki

DJ_Keoki

I am the Universe
Thanks for updating the table agw. I've got it down to 43sec, but it's not Prime stable and I don't really want to give the chip more than 1.8v. Too many times I've broken stuff and thought "you just haaad to have that xxx more mhz didn't you". :p My vid card is the bottleneck now anyway so I need to save up for one of those tasty 6800 GT's (or maybe even an Ultra :eek: ).

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Nice one, what is your CPU running at now? This 2500+ is a beauty. I'm running 2.3GHz @ 1.6v! My non-mobile chip couldn't even do it at 1.9v!

I can't say I've killed anything from overclcoking, but the little heatspreader on the rear side of my Radeon gets very hot, especially when it's clocked so high. I've got a heatsink here that I'm gonna try and bodge on later :D

DJ_Keoki

DJ_Keoki

I am the Universe
Right now my chip is at 210x11 /w 1.75v. I only overclock for better game performance, and like I said, my 9500pro is the bottleneck now so maybe when I get a new card I'll try seeing the limits of this chip. If it can run through SuperPi at 2415mhz then it's on the verge of stability, but I got some random reboots so I backed down. Heck, what I'm running at now isn't necessarily Prime stable. It will pass forever if I keep the FFT size smaller than 512k (cache size), but fails in like 5 minutes or so if I do the blend test. It's never crashed, and like the saying goes "you don't play Prime", so I don't really care.

F

F_A_L_C_O_N

I have finally found something where dual channel excells, super pi :)

229x10.5 for 2.4Ghz .... with DC .......... 41sec
245x10 for 2,45ghz .... with SC .......... 42sec

same setup, same memory timings, basically nothing else but whats described above was changed, interesting

F

Fisher of Men

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I don't need a score to tell me if my computer is good or not.

If it does all the tasks that I need it to at a speed that is acceptable to me it passes :D

Yay for me...

SaulTurnedPaul

SaulTurnedPaul

Hiking Member
Originally posted by Fisher of Men

If it does all the tasks that I need it to at a speed that is acceptable to me it passes :D

Yay for me...
Some people's standards for "good" and "acceptable" are different than anothers. We wouldn't be computer freaks if we weren't constantly trying to attain the fastest scores possible with the hardware we have. With that said, perhaps we should be grateful that we do have computers which "do all the tasks we need them to do at a speed that is acceptable to us." :)

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Originally posted by Fisher of Men

Yay for me...
So your computers slow as hell basically? :p

F

Fisher of Men

Originally posted by Marvt74
So your computers slow as hell basically? :p
Hmm...

If you call a Quad Processor 3.2GHz HP DL580 Server with 4GB of RAM slow...........Then yes :)

M

Martin_89

Thats weird you have a quad processor server but you dont want to show off what it can do.....

F

Fisher of Men

Originally posted by Martin_89
Thats weird you have a quad processor server but you dont want to show off what it can do.....
That's because I don't load useless random garbage on my server. It only runs what it needs to.

Associates