Super Pi Contest

M

Martin_89

the error reads: Not Exact in round

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
1.00 minute on a Pentium IV 2.4C with 1.0GB of DDR400 RAM and not restarting for over a week. :)

U

uart

the error reads: Not Exact in round
Wierd, sounds like an arithmetic error though I've never seen that one before. And this is even with the CPU underclocked right?

Is anyone else running one of these latest durons? Hopefully it's not a bug. I dont think so though, I'm sure we would have heard about it by now if it was.

You might want to try downloading the following "burn in test" and see how it goes on the CPU test.
Passmark Test Utility
BTW, turn the duty up to 100% on the CPU test and turn all the other tests off ok.

Anusha

Anusha

Martin, I get the same error message when I've overclocked too much. It is quite strange with yours underclocked at 1.2GHz.

I recommend that you run Prime95's torture test to verify if the processor is not running stable.

BTW, my processor takes 55s to complete it at 2.17GHz clock and 136MHz FSB. I could get it to 52s at 2255MHz but lowered it back because of heat issues.

benben

benben

Prodigious member
Hey Martin_89,

Try downloading the program again and this time extract to an entirely different directory (preferably close to the root of your drive with a new directory being less than 8 characters for arguments sake).

M

Martin_89

thanks for all your suggestions guys.

Tried benben's suggestion and still never worked, think it could be because its identified as a T-Bred core by most programs but only has 64KB L2 Cache?

benben

benben

Prodigious member
Hey Marvt74,

Are you using phase change cooling? I've got a 2500+ w/ water cooling but only hit 2400mhz. How are you getting 2700mhz?

Nice O/C!!! I'm impressed.

Marvt74

Marvt74

HWC Superpi Champion
Nope just regular water, need to get another fan for my rad to as thats only got one and isnt as effective as when i had one either side.

Maybe i've just got a good one (see my thread in case/cooling forum)

I'll go to more detail there if you want rather than going ot in here :)

M

Martin_89

well heres mine on my XP-M 2500 @ 2.5GHz

look at my voltage :eek: it went stable after that but you think the PSU is running out of juice?

DJ_Keoki

DJ_Keoki

I am the Universe
I don't think you're that much off pace d94. Although Toolbox is 5 seconds faster with a 2.4C. Could be due to chipset difference, ram timings, etc. Does your motherboard have a "cpu interface" option in the BIOS like nForce 2's do?

Associates