Suggestions/Plee about overclocking forum

R

Rich

The overclocking forum is a seperate community from the rest of Hardware Central.
Its regulars treat it as if it was a compleate
hardware site within itself including
off topic.. support.. you name it. When looking for overclocking help this is both very distratcive and annoying.

A short history behind what caused this for those of you that dont know...

This forum went unmoderated for several months when it was made.. a small community was formed and thats how it stayed.

This is a proffesional hardware site and I would like to see it treated as such...

when looking for overclocking help I should not have to dig through threads such as
"Who is the hottest babe" ect, ect, ect, ect.. (many times over)

If the members there want to be a part of HWC they should keep off topic posts in the off topic forum.

There is no reason one forum should have special privlages while everyone else must play by the rules.
If this is the case perhaps I should SPAM the CPU forum with messages about who really is the hottest babe?

The last couple of times I needed overclocking help I got very little reply because there was far to many COOL posts to respond to.. so who cares if I need help overclocking a Coppermine (like no body there knows how)

This suggestion is for the overall good of HWC... I can imagine many folks looking for overclocking advice have looked to other sites because the one here has turned into an AOL chat room.

My 2 dollars worth
Rich

W

wetling

See my Sig
I never understood why they were allowed to post anything there. I don't think it is right

N

NiteOwl

the day you change the overclocking forum is the day I leave HWC. Enough with the melting pot theory already, not everyone subscribe to it.

PS. IMO, I think alot of the other members would leave the o/c'ing forum too.

R

Rich

NiteOwl,

I respect you more than anyone else on this forum. But you must see the reason behind my efforts. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. If it doesnt change I will be spamming all the forums with worthless nonsence. And besides.. worthless nonsence now has a home.. the Off Topic forum. No need to stay hid in overclocking forum.. dont be shy.

Rich

L

lord_gumby

The overclocking forum is the only reason I come here. I also look at the "Front Door", the SETI forum, and the CPU forum from time to time, but they are never interesting enough to keep my attention. I think the things that go on in CC&0 add to the flavor of it.

N

NiteOwl

Rich, I can comprehend what you are saying, but the o/c'ing forum is probably the most productive and busy forum here (the OT forum might be busier, but it's not very productive at all) ... I really believe that alot of the members wouldn't like it if admin. started to mess with it. In the words of Charles Oakley:

"If it ain't broke, don't break it"

Don't let me speak for the members on the o/c'ing forum. Let them voice their own opinions ... give them some time, it's the middle of the night.

R

Rich

Yeah that makes sence comming from a guy who makes 90% of his posts at HWC Spamming for his sites SETI team... Next?

R

Rich

NiteOwl,

You may not see it but yes it is broke..
I have been going to Anandtec for overclocking info because I am not in the OC click here I dont get answered.. thats why I emailed you privatly last time.

Rich

L

lord_gumby

It does not look like he wants us to voice our opinions to me. Or maybie I only feel that way because he just brought up a point I though was already peacefully settled with him?

N

NiteOwl

Rich, we have been through this already (regarding L_G). If we go down this route again, you will only add more tension between the two SETI team (B/K and EC-PC have their hands full already smoothing things out from last time) and this thread will go totally off topic and when BrianH sees this tomorrow he won't be able to make heads or tail of anything.

PS. What else do you want from L_G? He has removed all banners from his page already (which he made a grand total of around $60 to help pay for the service).

I really don't want to get into a war of words with you ... I am tired of the infighting and bickering ... no good will come of this.

R

Rich

And I know many will have opinions on this.. but the fact of the matter remains....

IT IS NOT AN OFF TOPIC FORUM!!!

If you guys wanna talk off topic go to AOL or ICQ or IRC.. anaywhere but here.

Rich

G

Gibbo the Clown

Well, I thought that the O/C forum was moderated. In fact, I'm almost positive that it is. So, moderator... do some MODERATING!!!

BTW, I'm not a big fan of off-topic posting; and prefacing your messages with "Off Topic" is not an excuse.

Gibbo "Lag!!!" the Clown

R

Rich

And I am tiered of Anaandtech... I want HWC info back... I should be able to go into the overclocking forum without a bunch of kiddie chat to dig through.

Rich

N

NiteOwl

Originally posted by Rich:
[BYou may not see it but yes it is broke..
[/B]
It's all in the eyes of the beholder. Why don't we let the other members who use the o/c'ing forum alot voice their opinion and decide for themselves? After all, me and you only add up to two members.

R

Rich

You and me may only add up to two members.. but if its okay in the OC forum then its okay everywhere... and I will use these rights fully.

Rich

N

NiteOwl

Originally posted by Rich:
I have been going to Anandtec for overclocking info because I am not in the OC click here I dont get answered.. thats why I emailed you privatly last time.
I wouldn't say you don't get reply. When you posted about your o/c'ing problems, you had 4 replies. Granted, it's not exactly flaming folders, but given the fact that you are talking about a dual slot 1/2 mobo with GX chipset and the fact that not too much guys are familiar such mobo, it's not surprising you don't get 30 replies.
And anyhow, new members comes and ask questions all the time and they get replies, so I don't see why the others on the o/c forum would choose to snub you as you have suggested.

Anyhow, I would like to discuss this in more details with you, but I gotta hit the sack. Lets wait a day or so and let the members who use the o/c forum voice their opinions and believes first so that we have concrete data to base any decisions on.

S

Stoffie

So basically the O/C forum should become a boring place with no room for humor and some kidding around ? If, I'll be another one to leave.
Rich, no offense dude, but you are starting to sound like my old man. This forum is full of young blood as well, and if you can not cope with that, then I guess you are the one at the wrong place.
The O/C forum is the coolest around here, and as Niteowl said, the most productive, despite all that BS, according to you, I really don't see your problem.
You are blowing up a mosquito to the size of an elephant. And you saying that if it doesn't stop, you are gonna spam other forums, says more about your own childish nature than anything else.

If saying this means my ban from this site,then so be it, I don't care. If people can't even have fun anymore, not even on the Net, then what's next ? Brave New World, dating back to 1984 ? I hope not...

[This message has been edited by Stoffie (edited 05-30-2000).]

N

NiteOwl

Rich, please don't abuse your rights. You are respected around here. Don't drag yourself through the mud (like Jeffy). It is one thing to correct a problem when there is actually a problem. It is another thing to generate a problem then complain about a problem. Anyhow, I am going to bed.

To everyone
Please be civilize about this. There is no need get personal about this and degenerate into something lesser respectibility.