Suggest me TERROR movies (really scary movies)

YankeeMan

YankeeMan

from 2004 upto nowaday.

(not to include: SAW, nor THE RING 2)

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Originally posted by YankeeMan
from 2004 upto nowaday.

(not to include: SAW, nor THE RING 2)
Trick question- they don't exist. Well... The Grudge (Ju On) almost qualifies.

The Exorcist is still the scariest movie of all time. The first two Hellraiser movies were also pretty scary.

krupted

krupted

Devine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood, i only had to see the title before i dropped the dvd on the floor

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Salem's Lot (1979)

Author Ben Mears (David Soul) returns to his New England hometown of Jerusalem's Lot to write his new book and becomes disturbed by the behavior of the townspeople, particularly new resident and antiques dealer Mr. Straker (James Mason). When Straker's silent partner, the vampire Mr. Barlow, arrives in Salem's Lot, he soon begins to convert the townsfolk into an army of the undead. Tobe Hooper directed this story based on Stephen King's novel.

It has to be one of the scariest movies ever made.

M

Martin_89

watched the grudge with my mates last friday night, was a great film. they didnt really find it scary, i did! well not scary but jumpy.

T

Toolbox

Quantum Physics
The Sxith Sense left me sleeping with my eyes open for months. :)

I liked Se7en as well. :)

Justintime

Justintime

Nothings scared me lately, real life is much more scarier :D Haven't been terrified since i was about 11 and only Friday 13th films and one particular Dean Koontz Novel adaption called 'watchers' ever really terrified me as a kid. Jankerson is right though, salems lot is fairly scary, the newer one made recently was absolutely devoid of terror though :D

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
Jankerson is right though, salems lot is fairly scary, the newer one made recently was absolutely devoid of terror though
Yeah I watched the new one and it was a waste of time...:rolleyes:

TaNG

TaNG

The Ring for sure. I saw that more than 2 years ago and it still runs through my mind all the time, I still get the creeps.

Plus, on the first night I saw that, I had to get the sleeping bag and sleep in my parents' room. Dont tell anyone :D

Ponch

Ponch

Iknow you asked from 2004 but as it goes slightly off the date,
I'd say 'The Shining' with Jack Nicholson and 'The Hitcher' with Rutger Hauer.
Re-Animator is not really scarying but in that genre (gore) is one of the funiests. :D

krupted

krupted

Originally posted by Justintime
Nothings scared me lately, real life is much more scarier :D Haven't been terrified since i was about 11 and only Friday 13th films and one particular Dean Koontz Novel adaption called 'watchers' ever really terrified me as a kid.
i could say the same thing, but, oddly after seeing friday the 13th when i was about 9, i never had a nightmare after that night. to this day all of my dreams are just weird, but not scary

AMD Guy

AMD Guy

I am the same a Krupted. Not scared anymore. However, on a dark night Candyman is pretty scary if you let it get to you.

OR:

Event Horizon
Original Alien
The Grudge (Ju on)
Pumpkinhead
Phantoms

ThePerson98

ThePerson98

I don't watch many scary movies. I've seen a few though :p I don't really watch TV anymore, nothing to watch except ads. "NEW TOY COW!! ON SALE NOW FOR 49.99!!! GOOD DEAL!! ONG!!" Thats all the commercials are like.

Associates