Spontaneous Reboot!

C

chadzy

I shipped my computer UPS (mistake, I know) and they dropped it. The case is cracked, but other than that the motherboard is visibly intact as are all other pieces. I was able to get Win98 installed, and now my computer seems to restart on its own about once an hour, sometimes more often. I have only gotten BSOD once, and rarely GPFs. It just restarts! It most commonly occurs when accessing the modem (I have a brand new USR, and it did it with my old Supra also) though also occurs at other times. Does anybody have any experience with this type of problem or have any idea what might be wrong? I'm thinking memory at this point, because I've replaced most everything else.

A

Take the matter up with UPS. Tehy may replace it for you since they broke it. It may be a hassle unless you made mention of it when it was delivered.

P

poloboy

your problem is similar to mine. my problem is that after I installed EIDE Sparq Drive..
it starts to reboot by itself many times per day. No one seems know this problem...
i got Pentium2-300 on LX board. So, If anyone know my prob, plz let me know!
thankx!

C

chadzy

My problem was a bad power supply. This can lead to spontaneous reboots, freezes, OR fatal exceptions in Memory, leading one to believe (as I did) that it is a memory problem when it really isn't

C

chadzy

My problem was a bad power supply. This can lead to spontaneous reboots, freezes, OR fatal exceptions in Memory, leading one to believe (as I did) that it is a memory problem when it really isn't

Associates