Speakers won't set up, no sound at all!!

W

WSC2008

Hi, I'm having no luck getting my computer to detect my speakers or any other type of sound devices.I have a Dell Dimension 2350, A while back I was having trouble with it and did a full system restore and was unable to get my computer working again. Just the other day I was trying to fix it and it works perfectly now, except for no sound at all. There are no speakers on the computer and the monitor, so I tried to plug in the speakers the computer came with but nothing happened. Any help would be appretiated

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

If the system restore didn't work, how did you get it going?

When you look at Device Manager, do you see any yellow exclamation marks on the sound devices?

Have you been to the Dell website to look for drivers for your sound card?

M

MaggieMae

Speakers won't work...same problem...same system

jimbo1763 said:
If the system restore didn't work, how did you get it going?

When you look at Device Manager, do you see any yellow exclamation marks on the sound devices?

No, says everthing is working properly

Have you been to the Dell website to look for drivers for your sound card?
Yep did that and dl the driver installed it, restarted Yadda...no luck.

I know these speakers work because I installed some RAM in my daughter's 4600 and she was using them over spring break.

Next suggestion?

jimbo1763

jimbo1763

This suggestion may sound dumb, but it has helped more than one time.

Take a look at the volume settings of your system-open it up at the little speaker icon in the system tray. See if the mute box is checked-sometimes that happens. If it is, uncheck it.

M

MaggieMae

no sound

Guess I should have included that in my "been there ...done that" list from my orginal post...next?

krupted

krupted

what jack you plug those speakers into? your pc only has one soundcard right? what i mean is that sometimes you will have an additional PCI soundcard in conjunction with your onboard sound, and you may have just plugged the speakers into the wrong set of jacks. generally, the jack you are looking for is green but that varies so dont hold that to heart.

can you also verify the soundcard is installed by the device manager? i know you installed the drivers, but did it take? what does the device manager say under "sound and game controllers"?

Associates