soundcard

Z

zebra

Hello, I have a pacikard bell computer and it says that my sounds are disabled for an unknown reason. Please advise me whta to do next, I've tried going back in and running the program to detect new hardware, put it doesn't come back. Any help would appreiciated. Thanks alot.

C

collinj

Make sure your sound is not disabled in the bios or on the motherboard. Go into you bios setup and look for your sound card settings and make sure they are enabled. Look at you manual for your pc, it should tell you how to do this.

Also, make sure that the "disable in this hardware profile" box is unchecked in the device manager listing for this (assuming you are using windows 95/98) right click on my computer, left click on properties, left click on device manager tab, and find the listing for your sound device. It should have a yellow exclamation mark symbol beside it, or a red x on it. double click on the devices that show the ! or red x and check the disable setting, make sure the box is unchecked beside the "disable in this hardware profile" message.
Hope this helps.
Collinj

Associates