sound blaster live trouble

FrEeFrAgS

FrEeFrAgS

installed card...updated drivers...speakers work fine but when I plug my mic in for Teamspeak the mic is on all the time...I can mute it but then it wont work for Teamspeak...in my opinion and the way the Audigy2 ZS card I have in my other PC works is the mic isn't active until I start a program that uses the mic...such as Teamspeak or Karaoke or whatever....but this one is on all the time squeaking and feedback and all that jazz...anyone know what to do or do I just have to ge another card...the onboard sound is the same way..PLEASE HELP ME

FrEeFrAgS

FrEeFrAgS

installed card..updated drivers...speakers work fine but when I plug in my mic its on all the time..squeaking and feedback....my Audigy2 ZS card in my other PC dose not do this....sure I can mute but then Teamspeak wont work...PLEASE HELP

K

Kane17

This is basicly how most cards work...at least as far as I know. Unmute when you use them.

If it is really an inconvenience you can always get a mic that has its own on/off switch that you can adjust really quickly. ??

FrEeFrAgS

FrEeFrAgS

ok then...so maybe you can tell me what cards you are aware of that don't do this...other than the expesive Audigy cards....maybe if your card dosn't or if you have any suggestions...I found an Audigy2 ZS card on sale for $65...but maybe you know of one cheaper that will do the same thing...or I just need to be looking for gaming sound cards...info...need the info..lol

K

Kane17

hehe, I really dont know. I've actually never heard or thought of that until you brought it up here. I did just get an audigy SE for like $29 new in a store. I dont know if they are much different in the Microphone part (I haven't used it much, I put the Audigy SE in my wife's computer).

So if an SE would work they seem pretty inexpensive, thats the best I can think of. I'll look around a bit, Maybe more cards can do this that I'm aware of, I'm sure theres something cheap that will do it. It sounds fairly simple.

krupted

krupted

an aduigy zs is a much better card, and $65 is a good price for that model. its a good, but not great, sounding card that is the most ideal for games. it has high compatibility and fast processing that make it about the best gaming card you can buy in that price range.

Associates