Some interesting car related statistics

M

Martin_89

well because my mum is a driving instructor the DSA (Driving Standards Agency) sends her magazines and i was reading it in the bath and found some statistics you might be interested in.

Cars least stopped by police last year
  • Honda Jazz
  • Citroen C3
  • Ford Focus C-MAX
  • Smart city coupe/cabriolet/ForTwo

Cars most stopped last year
  • Porsche 911
  • Toyota MR2
  • Subaru Impreza
  • Honda S2000

Cars least flashed by a speed camera
  • Citroen Saxo
  • Skoda Fabia
  • Nissan Micra (Old shape)
  • Citroen C3
  • Rover 25
  • Mazda 323
  • Ford Puma
  • Volkswagen Touran
  • Vauxhall Corsa

Top 10 cars flashed by a speed camera
  • Mercedes E-Class
  • Alfa Romeo 147
  • Mercedes CLK
  • Porsche 911
  • Alfa Romeo 156
  • BMW Z4
  • BMW 5-Series (old)
  • BMW 5-Series (new)
  • BMW X5

these stats are for the UK btw

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Now those are some very interesting facts!

It makes sense that BMW's and Porsche's are flashed more than any other car, as they're normally owned by business men who spend all day travelling around.

I hope they got nice expensive fines to go with their expensive cars :p :D

That doesn't suprise me about the Impreza's either... most are owned by absolute nutters :(

M

Martin_89

look at the Least cars stopped and least cars flashed, shows somthing about Citroen's BUBBLE C3 IMAGE, now would you really want to speed in that :D

and yeah the Impreza and Lancer EVO doesn't surprize me eather. seems the Alfa drivers seem to be at the speeding a lot :p

agw_01

agw_01

Modified Member
Originally posted by Martin_89
seems the Alfa drivers seem to be at the speeding a lot :p
:D Ohhhhhhh, that's nasty! ;)

Seems the Rover 25 doesn't get pulled a lot either... probably because they're all driven by old people who are law abiding 'lets sit 5mph below the speed limit' drivers.

I was behind a 420 GSi this evening doing 33 in a 40... but I daren't overtake them. I'm sure you remember what happened last time I overtook someone :eek: :(

M

Martin_89

yeah, i think we all remember. no overtaking for you for a while. Dont you just hate the grandads in the red 214's ;) only joking mate :D

Justintime

Justintime

Quite surprised the Type R Civic and VW Golf did'nt make it into the bad boy list, since alot of rude boy wannabes drive those :D

M

Martin_89

Originally posted by Justintime
Quite surprised the Type R Civic and VW Golf did'nt make it into the bad boy list, since alot of rude boy wannabes drive those :D
Such as nick ;) LOL

my car doesnt go fast enough to get caught by a speed cammera :D

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Originally posted by Justintime
I have a TomTom navigator which thanksfully tells me where all the speed cameras in the country are.

If I didn't have this kit, I'd be taking the bus to work tomorrow ;)

M

Martin_89

Originally posted by CenturionStrategy
I have a TomTom navigator which thanksfully tells me where all the speed cameras in the country are.

If I didn't have this kit, I'd be taking the bus to work tomorrow ;)
ahh, it does that too! WANT ONE :D

Associates