So who's getting a Threadripper?

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
I would but since I game 90%+ of the time, it really isn't meant for me. Thinking of a 1700x or 7820k.

Last edited by a moderator:
glussier

glussier

Bof, I'm not going for AMD just yet. I already have a dual e5-2690 2.9ghz (Turbo boost to 3.8ghz) dual 8 cores 32threads. I think, I'll keep the xeon, i still have to let it depreciate a little before into building another desktop. Plus, I like Intel chipsets better.

glussier

glussier

Hey, Justintime. long time no see. :) Believe-it or not, I had a few AMD cpus in my past, a k6-2-500 and an xp 1700+. Remember OneEng? He must be happy with AMD these days. :)

Note that Coffee Lake will be released in a few months, so you might be able to get a 6 cores/12 threads intel processor for the price of a quad core/8 threads today. Plus it's suppose to be up to 30% faster than kaby lake core for core. So, you might want to wait just before Christmas before committing to anything.

Last edited:
Justintime

Justintime

Hey, Justintime. long time no see. :) Believe-it or not, I had a few AMD cpus in my past, a k6-2-500 and an xp 1700+. Remember OneEng? He must be happy with AMD these days. :)

Note that Coffee Lake will be released in a few months, so you might be able to get a 6 cores/12 threads intel processor for the price of a quad core/8 threads today. Plus it's suppose to be up to 30% faster than kaby lake core for core. So, you might want to wait just before Christmas before committing to anything.
lol i know i hardly check any computer forums last few yrs.. Not upgrading for awhile, currently have a 5820K @ 4.5Ghz with Sli 980tis as my main games machine hooked up to a 55" 4K TV. Have a xeon 1155 quad for my workstation, think 1225? with 32gb ECC

Associates