So I tried turning on my computer today

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
it's all to the user's advantage to keep his/her computer free of dust.
Say that to 1,500 people who don't know a power button from a hold button. I know, I work with them (thank god not directly). Actually had someone ask me where the "any key" is.

And our IT dept. is really not up to snuff.

glussier

glussier

Then those who don't know, wait until their computer doesn't work properly and hire a technician to fix their computer. Just as we saw in those videos.

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

That's why I go with positive pressure and intake filters on my main system. However when building for others they often forget about cleaning them and it gets ugly :p
I did a build for one of my friends in and Antec Twelve Hundred with no filters and lots of exhaust and it was a mess after a few years without cleaning, he had to break out the air compressor to clean it.

Professur

Professur

Naked bungee jumper
I recall a call where a customer had tried to clean his keyboard using his compressor. Blasted keys all across the room.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

:)

Reminds me of another customer a few years ago that used a 20HP air compressor set at 175 PSI to clean out the dust from inside his gaming computer. He spun all six of the fans so fast it literally destroyed the bearings in all of them . . . including the ones on his ~$700 video card. A-n-d, this is *-after-* I had warned him to use Popsicle sticks, straws or similar to keep the fans from spinning. :(

Associates