So I tried turning on my computer today

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Oh come on, don't ya just want to take your finger along that dvd player and lick it? :D

glussier

glussier

The problem with this computer, is not that it belongs to a smoker, but that it belongs to smoker who doesn't clean. I'm a smoker and I never had a computer that look like that piece of garbage. But, I thought it was funny when the guy pulled off the plastic film on top of the computer. :)

BTW, pulling off that computer case side cover, wouldn't you be afraid that something would jump on your face. :)

Last edited:
Professur

Professur

Naked bungee jumper
I recall having to warranty service a computer (compaq deskpro 4000) that sat right next to an ashtray. City worker, wasn't even legally allowed to smoke in the building. I called it in to the city IT dept as out of warranty when I couldn't get the case to open as it was glued together with cigarette tar. That day I was really glad for the latex gloves in my printer kit.

glussier

glussier

The only computers I service are from friends and family, and when they are too dirty, they have to clean them first or else I don't touch them. I'm glad that I was working in software and not maintaining hardware. :)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
You couldn't pay me to get within 10' to that computer (just re-watched it....shudder)

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

A coworker once asked me to upgrade his PC and I nearly puked when he brought it in. The parts were only a few years old, but the case went through a few builds and was a once-beige cheapie from the early '00s.
Back then he was a chain smoker easily going through 2-3 packs a day. Needless to say the case was thrown out, equal parts being disgusting, barely working USB on the front and fans limited to 80mm :D

Professur

Professur

Naked bungee jumper
Unfortunately when you're doing it for a paycheque, sometimes you gotta bite the bullet. I've been reduced to repairing smartphones from the 5000 laptop fleet I used to keep running (company trying to get everything on one device) and I make a point of hosing down every phone with 100% isopropanol just because I know for certain that a few of these have seen toilets. And the users always lie about it.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

OMG! <Barf> What does the rest of the house look like? (Tub, toilet, person)?

Wait. No. Changed my mind. Don't really want to know.

C

CreativeAnalyst

Hi, I'm not really a techie person but I just do this whenever, my laptop does not function properly. First , I see to it if all wires in the panels are plugged securely. Second, If you have checked all things and have turned it off and It won't start again, I think, there must be faulty hardware in a computer or you have problems in configuration. Perhaps, if that's the case, it would need an IT assistance already.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Think that's my coworkers house; she has her 2 monitors (1680x1050). Her desktop is completely crammed with icons. "I don't like throwing anything out." Yep, going to need that Word file from 2012.

Anytime she needs to call tech, they log in and go WTF?! :D

glussier

glussier

That computer is not that bad, I've seen worst. I clean my workstation every 2 months and my laptops (a bit more involve to clean) every 6 months.

With the new cpus which aggressively downclock when they start heating, it's all to the user's advantage to keep his/her computer free of dust.

Associates