So convince me red team

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Why should I buy this card (even though it's $21,042 cheaper than a Geforce 1080 at current Amazon prices)????

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
Still want a 1080

Glad to see power requirements come down (and never spill beer on y9ur keyborard)

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
OK I get it; nice price and performance; where's the 490?

glussier

glussier

Well, Nvidia was publishing lower prices just before release. When the market is flooded with these cards, prices won't, at least, be boosted like they are right now.

Huge

Huge

Why am I still doing up?
OK totally wrong on this card. :(

I thought this was AMD's latest high offerings; but not. Still great bang for the buck. Still don't miss those days. ;)

glussier

glussier

It's still below a gtx 970. Ok, it has very good performance for the price, but I'm not looking only for price, I'm looking for top performance. The 1070 is almost twice as fast. I'm sure there will be a lot of folks who will buy that card, but not me.

glussier

glussier

You could get one to test your motherboard's pcie slots. :D To fix the problem AMD will provide a software fix. Probably meaning that it will be underclocked.

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Either that or divert more power from the 6-pin connector which is probably already strained itself.
That's a bit of a stupid move IMO that they went with a 6-pin connector instead of a 8-pin, reference card or not. I guess efficiency sells, perceived or not...

glussier

glussier

Well, AMD says that the problem can be fixed with a firmware update. I just don't know, if they lower the voltage, they might have to lower the gpu/memory clocks. I think you are right, we might see oems releasing these cards with an 8 pin connector.

glussier

glussier

If the 480 destroys one of your pci-e slots, is AMD responsible for replacing your motherboard?

Associates