sketch pad

krupted

krupted

ive never seen this on any other vbulletin site or anything, but i had the idea for a 'sketch' pad under the quick reply box. something like a basic paint app that you could draw up a quick diagram or picture to aid in your litteral description. it would seem to be much easier then opening paint, saving the doc and then using imageshack.
sound like a good idea or am i high again?

E

ELF2000

Sounds like a good idea. It would sometimes be easier to draw a picture regarding your problem or solution than putting it into words.

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
If we had a couple months completely clear to develop it, it would be a neat idea. But trust me it's WAY more complicated than the return would ever merit. It would have to load the MS paint application anyway (or similar), since the web (html/css) doesn't do anything but straight lines and no diagonal ones either.

C

cargo

Hrmm... I don't see too much of a need for sketch pad/paint designs as I don't see too many picture attachments. Most of the time I would imagine that people would use Visio or some other diagram type program for images, when needed.

Steve R Jones

Steve R Jones

Administrator
It's magical, timeless and brings all generations together - it's the Etch A Sketch!

Get one Here

I saw an on line version but the link was dead..

krupted

krupted

well the point would be that its easier to quick-draw something, like a crude wiring diagram, then it would to find a pic, host it on imageshack and all that.

i figured it would be time consuming to develop. etchasketch online though, that would work too! :D

AMD Guy

AMD Guy

It would be nice to bring that toy into the 20th century. All you would need to do is add a slide controll to 'load and unload' the marker for us idiots (like me) that can not draw a complete image using a single line and who do not want to constantly draw over the same lines to get to another point on the sketch. I would also add a blue or red LED onto the tip of the drawing implement so that you could see where it was at all times, especially when it was in the unload mode.

krupted

krupted

that would be cool. 21st century i think you mean. have you ever seen how those things are made? its all by hand and fairly complicated, its surprising they are made affordable

krupted

krupted

that doesnt even do it full justice. i saw the 'how its made' on etch a sketchs, i was a little drunk at the time so maybe thats the reason but man was that fascinating. definitely NOT a 'simple' toy!

mackayc

mackayc

JPnyc said:
If we had a couple months completely clear to develop it, it would be a neat idea. But trust me it's WAY more complicated than the return would ever merit. It would have to load the MS paint application anyway (or similar), since the web (html/css) doesn't do anything but straight lines and no diagonal ones either.
It would certainly take you a couple of months to integrate M$ Paint into a vBullitin page on a Linux / Mac box, etc - I would have thought a Flash application would be the most straightforward solution, and a lot more powerful than using an obscure utility out of Windows 3.1 too.

Here's something to try out as a starting point!

I agree though, it would be a nice thing to have, but it's not something you're going to have time or resources to develop yourself.

Associates