Simple Questions : How to watch TV in your PC??

I

Icabola

My Computer :

PIII700
512MB RAM PC133 Corsair
ASUS P3CE
GeForce 2 Pro 32 MB TV-Out
Barracuda 20GB
DirectX 8.0a
Windows ME
SoundBlaster Live Digital
SONY 15" CPD100

The problem is "that I cannot watch TV even cable from TV is already connected to my Video Card (knowing that my GeForce2Pro have TV-Out)....

a. How am I enable / watch TV on my PC?
b. Do I have to buy special software for watch TV or is there a freeware software for enabling TV on my PC??

Please answer and help me....

Regards

Icabola

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
You may have the wrong end of the stick. The TV-out will display the computer's graphics card output on the TV, it won't display the TV on the computer. It's use is to display pictures on a large TV as opposed to a standard PC monitor.

To watch TV on a PC, you have to buy a seperate TV-card, such as a Hauppage WinTV card.

------------------
AMD Athlon 1.2
Abit KT7a RAID
DiamondMax Plus 60 - 40Gb 7200rpm
Elsa GeForce2MX 32Mb SDR
10mbps internet
------------------
University?

I

Icabola

Originally posted by CenturionStrategy:
You may have the wrong end of the stick. The TV-out will display the computer's graphics card output on the TV, it won't display the TV on the computer. It's use is to display pictures on a large TV as opposed to a standard PC monitor.

To watch TV on a PC, you have to buy a seperate TV-card, such as a Hauppage WinTV card.

Thank u Centurion, but what about the SLOT, do the TVCard requires special Slot? I am afraid that MY Geforce cannot work together (waste) with TVCard...if im not mistaken...coz the need the same AGP slot maybe??

Regards,

Icabola

B

Bitter Spock

You can also get a videocard with a tuner built in, like the ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon, etc.

CenturionStrategy

CenturionStrategy

Super Moderator
Icabola, Motherboards have various types of slots- AGP, PCI and the older ISA.

AGP is used for the graphics card, in your case, the GeForce2 Pro.

However, a TV-card will use a PCI slot, you should have an abundance of them on your motherboard, so you will easily have room for a TV-card.

------------------
AMD Athlon 1.2
Abit KT7a RAID
DiamondMax Plus 60 - 40Gb 7200rpm
Elsa GeForce2MX 32Mb SDR
10mbps internet
------------------
University?

Associates