SETI WARNING

T

TNproud2b

Got home. Checked the OC Network SETI team statistics. Young grasshoppers trying to sneak past me. Set airconditioning to 65. Put some clothes on. Clicked SoftFSB icon. Set FSB to 95MHz(570). Launched 2 seti work units on the command line. Clicked CNTL/ALT/DEL. Task Manager. Clicked [email protected] Clicked priority. Set to realtime. Clicked affinity. Set to cpu#2. Clicked SetiSpy icon. 51 Mflops. Back to Task Manager. Clicked [email protected](2). Set priority to high. Set affinity to cpu#1. Close Task Manager. Clicked setSpy(2). 33 Mflops. Made coffee. Made this post. I'm back. This thing moves real slow. Can't keep up with my typing speed. I type slow. 3D games aren't gonna happen. Barely surfs the net. You guys suck for making me have to do this just to put you in your place.
http://setiathome.ssl.berkeley.edu/cgi-bin/cgi?cmd=team_lookup&name=overclockers+network

------------------
Visit my homepage>>> http://home.carolina.rr.com/hillbilly

Xriz

Xriz

thats the way to go TN

------------------
There are those who think, and those who dream, But I, for one, refuse to choose between the two!
Xriz`s Place

T

TNproud2b

Who's the guy with the 4:39 average? He kinda scares me. Hey buddy, it has to plug into a standard electrical outlet. We need some new rules to prevent people like this from passing me.

------------------

N

NiteOwl

I think that's Noctem. He is running a [email protected] 864 MHz, 128 MB HSDRAM 3-2-2 with Precharge, Soyo 6BA+IV, almost like my setup. TN, I get 4.5 hrs too, you know!

T

Tiberia

Hehe, dont worry TN
I did something far worse once...
On one of our systems at work I tested SETI out of curiosity to see if even in low priority it hogs memory without relasing it, but I wanted to give it absolute minimum priotity - which on most UNIX system is Level 39.
Well not on this one - 39 was max.
I hit enter after typing "seti" and I never even saw the next command prompt.

This was on a machine that typically handles 1000 user connections - oops.
The good thing is the machine was so lagged with SETI it didnt even write any more logfiles after I hit enter - so no proof.
No one ever found out.
*sweat*

------------------
// Black Holes are where God divided by zero //

I

iAMDking

hey TN did you know you no have to press CTRL/ALT/DEL all you have to do is right click your task bar then click task manager. works on NT and 2000 {NT5} by the way what is the best ver of seti to run the comand line or the gui.?

R

Rainbow Six

I think what I am going to do is switch between the two teams since I don't lose WU when I do so. Every week or so I'll flip. Any objections?

P

PCGuRu2K

TN :) To answer your questions, "Young grasshoppers passing you by," the answer is "PCGuRu2K" In the past week 1/2 I've gone from last place to 21st place.. As soon as I get my other machine up I should be going, going, gone.... I'm running 5 machines. 2 @ at work and 3 @ home. I don't wanna toot my horn so I won't list the specs of them :)

To Be Continued.........

------------------
Good Artist Copy, Great Artist Steal!

W

Wacked

I´m also in 21st place last time I checked..so I guess you will be passing by soon since i only have 1 puter on the job.
Well I have 8 sun ultra 10 but i can only use them will connected to the internet and I´m on dialup.
Give me my cable modem damnit!!!

P

PCGuRu2K

Wacked: Looks like you went down a spot and I went up a spot :) I'm on DSL 24/7 baby!! Muuuhhhaaaaa.......

------------------
Good Artist Copy, Great Artist Steal!

B

B/K

It took me a week but I am back to 16, Chasing Wookiee and still fighting off Deacon. I do have a plan.

P.S. Thanks TN I put that celly to work today. Nice

D

DMMD

SETI warning, Yourself:

I just figured out the algo. for HOST: now I don't have to post any more of DMMD, I just glop them all into one IP.

I like a cold room, too!

Stay tuned:

DMMD

W

Wookiee

TN, I passed you a while back, and now it looks like you're standing still (no insult intended). But that's probably because I'm running 2 machines with 3 WU's 24/7.
Dual [email protected] 128mb(soon to be 256) with 2 WU's
[email protected] 64mb with 1 WU.
They average about 14 hours each.

T

TNproud2b

I am standing still. Or I would be ahead of you guys :)
I've been accidentally rebuilding my system since I've screwed it all up.(no boot) Its my own fault. I formatted the wrong drive. Funny how windows assigns drive letters, huh? I had a few beers and decided it would be cool to rearrange the drives. I lost almost everything. The worst part is everything was working fine before I messed it up. 3 1/2 months of a Win2000 evaluation, and NO problems. Keep talking your Linux/Unix crap. Of course its more stable than Windows, there's no software available for Linux/Unix OS's. Hell, If you never load any software onto Windows it'll never crash either. Give me icons to click on. Linux would be OK if you have a server - which nobody does.

------------------

M

MasterMind

Win 98SE screws mine up totaly (when partitioned). Is 2000 any better?

Linux is gone from my system. It was fun to play with but not much use for what I do. Maybe take 30min off my SETI times but what else are you going to do when SETI is running?

Another question about 2000. I remember a post about more IRQ's in 2000. Is this true? I do not have any "free" IRQ's now in 98 but I dont have any problems sharing. I had a bitch of a time installing a SCSI card on another system because it required a "free" IRQ.

Damn, another question. Is a RAID 0 faster than a SCSI 160 with a Cheetah X15. I know very little about SCSI, I only have a Zip SCSI adapter. I dont think that qualifies.