send audio from PC to stereo

L

lmfbr

I am trying to figure out the best way to play music files from my computer, but have them go into my stereo (on the other side of a large room). I have a wireless router and use it to stream multimedia to my TV, through my LG Blu-ray player. Works fine. I assume I can buy something that would accept audio from the router and deliver it to my preamplifier, but I don't know what to look for. Can someone point me to one or more hardware options that would do this?

L

lmfbr

Many thanks. The things I have found by looking around with a search engine seem like overkill and are relatively expensive. I may give up on the idea or experiment with using my Blu-ray player as the path.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
I'm not sure if this meets your needs or not, but you do realize that you can take the stereo mini-jack output from a sound card or from a motherboard's sound jacks and using a mini-plug to RCA plugs adapter cord you can plug into a stereo. I'm unsure of the max allowable length. I think it's a low impedance output going into a high impedance input (aux in on a stereo) but that's where my electrical and audio expertise maxes out.

DanceMan

DanceMan

Procrastinating Member
Second thought: A media player device such as the Patriot Box Office my son has to play videos over a tv ought to also play audio files. Since these can be fed files either from an internal hard drive or from anything that connects via USB, including a wireless USB adapter, this might be a way to accomplish what you want. And those devices have many more uses, another advantage. Not sure if these devices also have a wired LAN connection -- haven't opened mine yet and I'm not at home right now.

Associates