Search function

L. Summerton

L. Summerton

I've been getting this error the last few times I've come and tried to search...
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /www6/hardware/forums/search.php on line 398
Is anyone else getting this? Am I doing something wrong? I can't get it to work for me. :confused:

L. Summerton

L. Summerton

I should add it's always a different line number, same message though. Just tried again...
Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 30 seconds exceeded in /www6/hardware/forums/search.php on line 399

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Yep, got it a few times too, with the dial-up lights showing no sent/received info at all :confused:. Got Line 395 last time I tried...

[edit: Actually I found that lowering the burden of the engine (i.e. searching only on a specific forum and/or searching only topic titles) made it work most of the time...]

Last edited:
fury

fury

Super Memberator
It's a common occurrance when you're searching through too many posts at once. If you have an idea as to which category your search would best fall under, or even which specific forum, you might have a better chance at the search completing. When you make it search all forums, it often takes longer than 30 seconds, and the server forces the script to stop. The only way to truly get around the 30 second timeout is to get a server admin to turn off the 30 second timeout in the PHP configuration, and we all know that won't happen.

L. Summerton

L. Summerton

Thanks, fury and equinoxe3d for the replies. :)

I tried lowering the criteria. My search was for high cpu* temp. I tried first searching the General Forums, same error. i then individually tried searching the Support, CPUS and Cases, Cooling and Overclocking forums, still the same error. I haven't as yet been able to get a result for that search.

My temperature problem is resolved (thank you fury and justintime :headbang: ) but it would be nice to know the search will be there in future when i need it. :)

Associates