SCAMMMER aLERT

d94

d94

well, one member her has now contacted me twice about purchasing items via methods that are that of a scammer..a contacted a mod, but he hasnt banned the member, so incase any of you are thinking about doing business with him DONT
he is jamesay123

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
d94 said:
well, one member her has now contacted me twice about purchasing items via methods that are that of a scammer..a contacted a mod, but he hasnt banned the member, so incase any of you are thinking about doing business with him DONT
he is jamesay123

What did they say?

d94

d94

here's the two messages i got from him:

jamesay123 said:
Hey,how are you doing today,well to cut it short i really took an interest in you posted item which amazed me of stoping by the posting.so i will like to make an enquiries about this item,i will like to know the working condition and the final price you want for the item..am sorry to be rude I'm Paris by name and if the working condition is perfect to my extent with will make it as an complimentry gift.so kindly get back to me as soon as possible.

Danielle.
jamesay123 said:
Hey,how are you doing today,well to cut it short i really took an interest in your posted item which amazed me of stoping by the posting.so i will like to make an enquiries about this item,i will like to know the working condition and the final price you want for the item..am sorry to be rude I'm Danielle by name and if the working condition is perfect to my extent with will make it as an complimentry gift.so kindly get back to me as soon as possible.

Danielle.
that sir, is the language of scammers lol

and after i responded to the first pm w/my addy and what not this is what i got

jamesay123 said:
Thanks for the mail.i will make the payment out asap,but before i can proceed with the payment i will need youir mail addy so they can send you a payment notification once tehe payment is been made out..
and usps sure as hell doesnt send notifications once they make a mo

Justintime

Justintime

2 members (one elsewhere ;) ) voicing concerns, better safe then sorry, he,she,it is gone. Also the other member got virtually the same message as you.

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Yeah, I got one this morning. I brought it up with the other mods, and it looks like the appropriate steps have been taken. Thanks for the keen eye! :)

SexyMF

SexyMF

Multiphasic
Was it the bad spelling, bad grammer or poor sentence structure which gave it away?

That is a hard read. It looks like it has been run through babel fish.

You should have asked them if they had any laptops, cell phones, pills or degrees to boot. I'm sure they would do a good deal. I've got loads of offers in my yahoo mail but I'm holding out for a really great deal. Perhaps a package deal like one degree plus a cell phone and a mixer of pills.

;)

Tuttle

Tuttle

Resident Cynic
SexyMF said:
You should have asked them if they had any laptops, cell phones, pills or degrees to boot.
Nah, the mods are hiding threads and keeping all those offers to ourselves. ;)