Sb live! any good?

C

colombin

My question is to you clever people. What's the difference between sb live! and sb live! value? I know value is missing the digital out. But what is that? And does that affect the sounds? Do you have other suggestions? Is diamond monster sound (the newest relese) better? Or is this currently THE BEST card to date?

------------------
mail me at [email protected]

R

Rajal

The difference between the SB live and SB live Value is the digital input\out board. Not having the input\output board does not at all affect the sound quality. IMHO the SB Live is the best sound card you can get.

A

AutoZun

I've heard reviews from my friends on the SB Live! Value, but the MX300 is better if you're a gamer. The MX300 supports A3D 1.0, A3D 2.0, DirectSound 3D, And EAX. The Live supports all of these API's but A3D 2.0.
The Sound quality on both cards are superb (44,000 KHZ, besides A3D 1.0, which has an output rate of 22,000 KHZ).

The Conclusion: If you're a musician, go with the Live. If you're a gamer, go with the MX300, if you can find it :)

A

AutoZun

I've heard reviews from my friends on the SB Live! Value, but the MX300 is better if you're a gamer. The MX300 supports A3D 1.0, A3D 2.0, DirectSound 3D, And EAX. The Live supports all of these API's but A3D 2.0.
The Sound quality on both cards are superb (44,000 KHZ, besides A3D 1.0, which has an output rate of 22,000 KHZ).

The Conclusion: If you're a musician, go with the Live. If you're a gamer, go with the MX300, if you can find it :)

P

Postman

Small correction :
MX300 doesn't support EAX, but there are plans for Q1 1999 (once again this magical word - plans)

Second: If you're a musician,gamer and like listening to music go with the Live,
If you're a *hardcore* gamer, and expert in hardware troubleshooting (for now at least) go with the MX300, if you can find it

O

oooka

SB Live! Value rocks!!! I just got one for Christmas with the Four Point Surround speakers. These babies were shaking the house at less than 1/2 volume. Everything sounds soooo great. But I'm probably not a good person to listen to, since that was an upgrade from my 6 year old noname piece of crap sound card that had trouble cloning 8-bit Sound Blaster in Dos!

Associates