Savage3d w/ FIC VA-503+ Mobo?

A

Andy

Hey there, I have a FIC VA-503+ Motherboard with the VIA MVP3 chipset. I was wondering if S3's Savage 3d card works with my motherboard. I think I read somewheres that it said that the Savage is designed for the Intel BX chipset. Dunno, like to hear from somebody.
Thanks,
Andy

Z

Zealot

Andy,
Try the topic:
Savage3D/Banshee/TNT??

On Tom's Motherboard Forum At Delphi.com somebody gave the address of a site with a review of the
savage. Sounds like a great card but I think it might have a few bugs left in it.

Good luck.

M

MadCat

I will say this: s3 recently relesed 3d-now enhanced drivers for the Supercharged Savage 3d that put it almost on par with a V2. Why dont you hold out for a month, the Savage 4 will be out in march, and I must say it will kick some serious butt.

Oh yeah: Dont beleive this bull that any card is designed for Intel chipsets, EVERY AGP card is "designed" for intel chipsets, simply because thats where AGP originated from.

M

MadCat

I will say this: s3 recently relesed 3d-now enhanced drivers for the Supercharged Savage 3d that put it almost on par with a V2. Why dont you hold out for a month, the Savage 4 will be out in march, and I must say it will kick some serious butt.

Oh yeah: Dont beleive this bull that any card is designed for Intel chipsets, EVERY AGP card is "designed" for intel chipsets, simply because thats where AGP originated from.

Z

Zealot

MadCat

I did not notice the date on Andy_b29's post did you? Kind of an old one. I just noticed the part about the Savage. I am in the market for a new agp for my own FIC VA-503+ with AMD 350. Not in any hurry so will wait for the Savage 4.

Thanks

L

LonnieP

I have the 503+ motherboard with a K6-2 300 and I tried 4 different tnt agp cards and could get none of them to work properly. Best I could do was 10 minutes between lockups. Used the latest drivers for each (and the not latest drivers); used the latest bios for the motherboard, all with bad results. After much netsurfing, I got the distinct impression that AGP slot on socket 7 motherboards is a work in progress.