Sage TV Media Center or Snapstream Beyond Media?

dman777

dman777

I just finished building a new mutli media pc(dual core opteron w/ nvidia 7600 gt w/ VIVO) and I am looking for a good media center software. I am pretty sure I don't want to buy MCE XP, so that leaves me with ethier Sage or Snapstreams Beyond Media. Which is better in terms of:

1). Picture Qaulity
2). Has the most Functions
3). Has the most cool plug ins available for download so I can add neat features?

Thanks,
Darin

krupted

krupted

picture quality is based on the codecs used. i have been using Dscaler 5 with mce2005 with really good results.

i tried all the other tv software out there, and to honest if it wasnt mce as my choice it would be cyberlink's meida package, i forgot the name i think its called cinema. i only say that because it does everything to mimic mce2005 down to the letter.

i have found from personal experience that mce2005 is overall much better then any third party package. it may not have all the coolest features- but it runs stable, runs fast, and is very easy to use. and believe me, easy is the only way when it comes to random casual tv watching. with some media center softwares, i developed a lot of headaches trying to get the tv to work at 2am half drunk and really asleep;)

Associates