[RESOLVED] What type of PCI slot is this?

S

Sagacious

this should be an easy one for most people. i have long forgotten what the heck this type of pci slot is. it doesnt look like a 32bit/33mhz, 32bit/66mhz, or 64 bit pci (3.3v or 5v) or even a PCI-x. i've ran through all the flavors. its out of a dell optiplex 760. looked through all their tech documents and they only say "PCI". any ideas?

Attachments

S

Sagacious

ah, that makes sense. i havent seen a system with daughterboards/riser cards in quite a while. so this should double for a riser card or regular pci use just by itself, correct?

also, do you think i'd have any problem installing a PCI video card in addition to the pci express 16x video card? im trying to run dual cards for multiple monitor support. i dont know if the motherboard will freak out between two different slots. i've seen LIKE slots with dual cards but not on different slots.

Last edited:
Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
Ah ok. In the picture, the finger looked like it was pointing at the PCIe slot. Next time, outline the specific area.

You should be able to run both types of cards, but it's not guaranteed. You're better off sticking with cards of the same brand. I'm assuming you have a small form factor case, otherwise you'd just get a video card with dual heads. Kinda hard to tell from the angle of the picture.

Make sure to check the bios settings as well. PCIe should normally be the primary video.

Associates