[RESOLVED] Voodoo3 3000 or Viper V770 ultra

StuTheWise

StuTheWise

Southpaw'ed Member
No contest. The V3 kills in Falcon 3.0 thanks to its support of Glide. Too bad it can't go SLI like the Voodoo2 though.

I seem to remember paying $300 for a V3 3000 when it first came out. It would be the last PCI video card I ever bought. I foolishly replaced it with the original GeForce, then later replaced that with the original Radeon ViVo.

I have to admit though, it was pretty sweet seeing the sliding FPS indicator on the helicopter test of 3DMark2000 max out!

Todd a

Todd a

I just don't get around here too often any more, but I keep seeing you drag this thread out of the dust bins... :p

Like I said before I pulled the K6-2 450 and Voodoo3 system from my ex and it say collecting dust until someone took the parts off my hand... basically a full system minus the hard drive. I had a second Voodoo3 and gave him that one instead of my original Voodoo3 2000 AGP. I just could not part with it. I had mod'd this thing with ram sinks a fan on the front heatsink and a small chipset heatsink and fan strapped to the back. It was such a cludge job, but I liked it.

My upgrades are fewer do to excessive daycare costs, but I did manage to get a GeForce 8800GTS 640MB card and have been pretty happy. I was thinking of replacing my laptop too, but really it is not outdated yet. P4 2.2GHz GeForce2 MX, 512MB DDR, 30GB HD, Combo drive, 15.2" wide screan. It is about 4 years old now, but going strong. The kids has killed a bunch of keys, but I managed to find a new keyboard off E-bay. The battery is pretty much shot. The thing is the GeForce2 MX still beats most cheaper laptops with integrated graphics. I use an external PC card for Wireless (A/B/G).

If I did not have the daycare costs I would likely have a second 8800GTS and a second 24" monitor and a new laptop.

E

ELF2000

StuTheWise said:
I have to admit though, it was pretty sweet seeing the sliding FPS indicator on the helicopter test of 3DMark2000 max out!
I don't remember running 3DMark2000 when my Voodoo 2 card was installed. I did see it maxed out with a Geforce256 DDR card. :D I remember it only getting about 30fps with a tnt2.

Associates