[RESOLVED] Voodoo3 3000 or Viper V770 ultra

jankerson

jankerson

Super Moderator
ThreeOnTheTree said:
Resurrecting this for another year, eh?
Really old thread... :eek:

There is a post with my old user name back in 1999....

B

Binar

Posting once a year in this thread....

I just moved and I finally started to throw away old junk...Belive it or not I found the darn card in a box somewhere in the garage (that's how i remembered to post here)..

And no I didn't throw it away,how the heck am I suppose to remember to post here in '08 :)

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree said:
For what it's worth, that V3 is still in service in a K6-2 500 setup. 3 years later and still churning away, though only for email. :)
heh, 3 more years later and that Voodoo3 is still in my Mom's PC. :eek:

equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

I still have my V3 in my secondary system. As long as either card or system survives it'll stay there :D

Todd a

Todd a

I no longer have a Voodoo3 in any of the systems I built for me, my neighbor's, or my ex's. My old K6-2 450 and Voodo03 2000 was the last and it is stripped appart collecting dust in the basement. This is mostly do to the lack of good simple WindowsXP drivers for it. I was getting tired of trying to find a 3rd party driver that work good. With better driver support I likely would have a Voodoo3 in a few old systems still.

Long live the King... the King is dead. :(

Last edited:
equinoxe3d

equinoxe3d

Todd a said:
This is mostly do to the lack of good simple WindowsXP drivers for it. I was getting tired of trying to find a 3rd party driver that work good. With better driver support I likely would have a Voodoo3 in a few old systems still.

Have you tried the Amigasport 3.0 XP set? I use them on my win2k system, and on an old system with spare parts I did for a friend with winXP. They work fine to me :)

Todd a

Todd a

It has probably been about 2 years since I built a system with it and after the OS crapped out I got fed up and dumped the system. I had a P3 450 and a TNT2 that was ready to replace it.

The CandyMan

The CandyMan

Chocolately LAN Goodness!
Got a Voodoo banshee hanging on my LAN area wall, along with a lot of other outdated hardware that isn't worth anything except Nostalgia to me. :)

E

ELF2000

I still have a Voodoo 2 and a TNT2 lying around. I wouldn't mine doing something like The CandyMan has done, hanging up old computer parts on a wall.

B

Binar

Happy new year guys

And no ,I don't use Voodoo3 3000 or Viper V770 ultra anymore :)

With a bit of luck (if my wife will finally be ok ) I'll run SLI 8800 ULTRA by February

EDIT this was my first post ever on HC(i think) so I like to bump it once a year just to wish everyone Happy new year guys (9 year old thread )

Last edited:
E

ELF2000

Digging up this thread for another year.....

You should notice a performance boost from a Voodoo3 to a GF 8800. :D

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree said:
heh, 3 more years later and that Voodoo3 is still in my Mom's PC. :eek:
Well, this year my Mom's PC died when the power supply went up in smoke. Killed the motherboard and the drives, but that Voodoo 3 survived! It's now sitting in my parts bin. Like any decent, washed-up pitcher, he's now in the bullpen. :D

S

Secrom

Senior Dismember
Todd a said:
I no longer have a Voodoo3 in any of the systems I built for me, my neighbor's, or my ex's. My old K6-2 450 and Voodo03 2000 was the last and it is stripped appart collecting dust in the basement. This is mostly do to the lack of good simple WindowsXP drivers for it. I was getting tired of trying to find a 3rd party driver that work good. With better driver support I likely would have a Voodoo3 in a few old systems still.

I've put my K6-2 500/MVP3/Voodoo3 system back together, running Xubuntu on it these days... Still going strong!

Associates