[RESOLVED] Voodoo3 3000 or Viper V770 ultra

SaulTurnedPaul

SaulTurnedPaul

Hiking Member
How the heck do you bump threads this old???

Sean

Todd a

Todd a

I think you can do a seach through the archives for a certain toppic like Viper 770 or Voodoo3 and pull up the old ones. It happens every now and then. I remember when this board when through an upgrade and the date stamp got memssed up and all the threads were from that date the year befor. Pretty messed up until they faided out a few days at least.

R

Ruffian

I still have my TNT2 Ultra. It's been a great card and the most expensive one I've ever bought ($215). My dad uses it in his P2 300 machine. I'm trying to get him to upgrade but he thinks that once I go to college he gets my machines, which he does, but this thing will be outdated by then. The only thing my dad complains on this card is the fan which we both agree is about to die or is coming lose. I'd give him my Geforce2 but I dont think it would work in that system he only has a 200-watt PSU and his comp is filled to the brim with stuff.

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Originally posted by Binar
I'll try to cover some of my investment and put it up for sale on EBay
Hoping I’ll cover my listing fee at least.

oh well good luck to me :(

It's too bad you didn't sell it a few months back. I would have bought it off you in an instant. I ended up buying a TNT2 off eBay that was advertised as an Ultra. I left the seller neutral feedback because he mislabled the item, but the card that I did get was brand new. I was trying to get back the #1 3DMark2001 score with a TNT2, but I needed an Ultra to do it. Those aspirations are gone.

Bennyboy

Bennyboy

Colonel Debugger
Originally posted by Binar
I'm not a rich guy.
Taking over two years to make a decision, and then doing so on the information that is 2 years old is not generally a quality sought for managerial positions.

More ram I'll buy when the prices will drop.
Man, I remember that summer when the RAM prices just went crazy! Didn't someone torch an Asian factory or something?

This thread should never be allowed to die, someone bookmark it and bring it up again for New Year's 2004!

Bennyboy.

R

Ruffian

Originally posted by Bennyboy
Man, I remember that summer when the RAM prices just went crazy! Didn't someone torch an Asian factory or something?

This thread should never be allowed to die, someone bookmark it and bring it up again for New Year's 2004!

Bennyboy.
Yeah the ram prices were awful I still have my reciept for $125 for PC133 128mb. I believe that the prices were high because of an earthquake.

B

Binar

few monts later and the card won't sell
not even a bid
Am I asking too much for it?I don't think so, maybe ppl are not interested in good video cards anymore.
Some way I have to recover my $. But how can I do it?
poor me :(

Todd a

Todd a

Wow where did this thread come from. The last post was 1-1-03... a year ago and this thing had been dug up befor as it started in 10-3-99. Odd I'd say! :p

K62

K62

Sailor
hahahah

*listens to neil young*

hey hey my my this thred can never die

someone has to bump this back up for newyears 2005 :D

Bennyboy

Bennyboy

Colonel Debugger
Um, I didn't think anyone would take me seriously! :)

Although now they have I move that this thread become a prized relic, symbolic of the dedication of those on the Video Cards and Displays forum and to be worshipped by them at least annually.

Getting back ontopic though I think Binar should have bought a Matrox G400MAX like I did, same price as the TNT2 Ultra, bit faster in many games too. It may not be up to much in current 3D apps but it's far from junk seeing as it's 2D IQ and DualHead functions still trounce current offerings. If I knew where it was in the loft it would be even more useful.

See you all at the reunion!

Bennyboy.

MuFu

MuFu

Getting back ontopic though I think Binar should have bought a Matrox G400MAX like I did, same price as the TNT2 Ultra, bit faster in many games too. It may not be up to much in current 3D apps but it's far from junk seeing as it's 2D IQ and DualHead functions still trounce current offerings. If I knew where it was in the loft it would be even more useful.
I would have bought shares in ATi.

MuFu.

D

DuronClocker

I'll give ya $5 for that TNT2 Ultra. I loved my Viper...I wish I still had it. I have some Abit or ASUS TNT2 in my dad's computer I think...maybe Leadtek. I don't even remember the specs of that computer and its only one room over from where I am right now. Anyways, I always wanted to go for some kind of record with that Viper that I had. A Viper Ultra should have even better memory for clocking. :D

ThreeOnTheTree

ThreeOnTheTree

Digging up old topics, eh?

I wasn't a member at that time, but I would almost bet that I was specing this thread, as I was looking to upgrade my 3 year old STB Riva128 4mb card. After seeing more and more threads, it became a choice between a V3 or a TNT2. I considered a Savage 2000 for a while, but the disabled T&L kept me away. In the end, I went witha V3, since it was $60 after a MIR from Circuit City. About 3 months later, nVidia bought out 3dfx, lol. I took the advice of others and put a 486 fan on the HS, and OCed it to 170/170. :D

For what it's worth, that V3 is still in service in a K6-2 500 setup. 3 years later and still churning away, though only for email. :)

I would have bought shares in ATi.
I was flat broke then, so I couldn't have done that even if I knew. ;)

M

Martin_89

lol and i thought he was being sercastic saying an athlon 600 you must be rich!!

wrathchild_67

wrathchild_67

Hidden Member
Originally posted by DuronClocker
I'll give ya $5 for that TNT2 Ultra. I loved my Viper...I wish I still had it. I have some Abit or ASUS TNT2 in my dad's computer I think...maybe Leadtek. I don't even remember the specs of that computer and its only one room over from where I am right now. Anyways, I always wanted to go for some kind of record with that Viper that I had. A Viper Ultra should have even better memory for clocking. :D
I know how that feels still... Someone broke my Radeon 7500 record. Not surprising since I did it with an AiW. Some mouse clicks, $59 for a retail 7500 and three days would get me back to the top. It's tempting, just for the pleasure of being able to laugh in the usurpers' faces for thinking they were superior. lol

I still have two TNT2's in use. They still work great in emulators all the way up to the original Playstation.

B

Binar

Took me a while but I finally found someone willing to trade me a Voodoo3 for my Viper

Whoo finally a good deal ")

Bennyboy

Bennyboy

Colonel Debugger
Well done on the trade, I hope it's everything you dreamed it would be. :)

Somehow I still don't think this will be the last of this thread though! You thinking of upgrading your Athlon 600 now you've got that beast of a graphics card?

B

Binar

"You thinking of upgrading your Athlon 600 "

Ohh ya Benny the other day I got an Athlon 800.Glad I did it ....I'll post bechmarks soon

Keep ya posted guys

Associates