[RESOLVED] New ASUS notebook doesn't complete windows 7 installtion

Z

zillah

Hi Experts

Client of mine has bought his notebook ASUS U31S with external DVD drive yesterday and he asked me to install windows 7 ultimate (origin was windows 7 home edition) beside other operating system Linux and Solaris.

I divided the 500 GB hard disk but didn't touch the hidden partition that has recovery.

I formatted the C partition that had windows 7 home edition and install a fresh copy of windows 7 ultimate,,,,,the process was smooth , first restart asking about username and computer name , password,,,etc ,,,,but with the second restart, PC kept rebooting without completing the windows installation.

Although I have used the same widnows 7 CD for his other new laptop and the installation went smooth without any problem.

I tried different media same problem.

This laptop does have an external DVD driv, of course it is an LG and brand new

What could be the cause of this issue ?

Regards

Bink

Bink

Will moderate for food
...beside other operating system Linux and Solaris.

I divided the 500 GB hard disk but didn't touch the hidden partition that has recovery...
Hi zillah.

I noticed you posted this on a number of different forums, so I'll spare you the suggestions like checking your RAM or checking the disc for scratches as it seems you've already explored these possibilities fully ;)

What stood out for me in the information you provided, was the existence of Linux and Solaris. It is my understanding, that Windows 7 will be more agreeable with multi-booting, if it is installed first, not later as would be the case here.

Is the option of wiping the drive and starting from scratch with a pure Windows 7 installation an option? If not, is it possible you could at least test the theory on another blank hard drive in the meantime?

Z

zillah

Dear Bink

Good day to you

I noticed you posted this on a number of different forums, so I'll spare you the suggestions like checking your RAM or checking the disc for scratches as it seems you've already explored these possibilities fully
Yes I have tried every possibility testing RAM and hard drive ,,,although laptop is brand new out of the box, I bought it form him and I opened out of the box,,,,therefore I was desperate for answer to return the laptop if it is a hardware problem.

hat Windows 7 will be more agreeable with multi-booting, if it is installed first, not later as would be the case here.
Yes windows 7 first in

Is the option of wiping the drive and starting from scratch with a pure Windows 7 installation an option?
Credit goes to support from the other forum

http://www.tech-forums.net/pc/f9/new-asus-notebook-doesnt-complete-windows-7-installtion-253900/

The issue was with the recovery hidden partition 21 GB , I backup up that partition buy using Acronis then I deleted it form the hard drive ,,,,now I have got no problem with windows 7 installation

Regards

Last edited:

Associates