[RESOLVED] network problem with Win7

L

lmfbr

I am having some difficulty with my tiny network of 3 machines. When I try to access my newly installed Win7, I can get some of the partitions to open and share files, but there is one that will not work. That partition also has a folder that is set to share. I set both the partition and the folder as "share with anyone." I have looked at the advanced settings and they indicate that the folder and partition are open for sharing. When I try to get to them from one of the other machines, it says something like "may not have permissions" or unable to open. I have set the "share" things repeatedly, but it still doesn't work. The crazy thing is that the other folders that are set to share work fine.

Any ideas as to how to fix this?

L

lmfbr

After about 3 days of trying things and looking for an answer on the web, I finally found the solution. There is a tutorial here:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/24232-sharing-permissions.html?filter[2]=Networking%20Internet

The problem was that I had to go to "securities" first to change the security setting to "everyone." After that, I could share the folders, using the "share" option.

If anyone else has this problem, the above link should explain it well.

Associates