[RESOLVED] My TP-LINK router keeps me dropping my internet

YankeeMan

YankeeMan

Hello guys, I have a tp-link router, it's: Firmware Version: 5.0.0 Build 100326 Rel.29605 and Adsl Firmware Version: FwVer:3.11.2.175_TC3086 HwVer:T14.F7_5.0

The thing is, every (about 6 or 7 hours), I lose Internet, and I have to turn the thing off and back on. Or restart it by software (the console). The adsl router is NOT wireless, It's only this computer, I change everything and cannot find yet the issue, I even put it on STATIC IP and nothing.

Seems like if I lease would expire too fast, but It's supposed to be for 7 days (604800 seconds).

What else could I do?
Could it be a virus that force my router to release the IP or reduce the lease to only 6 hours? 420 mins (25200 seconds).

Gracias.

Shinma

Shinma

State details of current network setup.

YankeeMan said:
... I lose Internet, ...
State details/error message(s)... displayed.

YankeeMan said:
... I change everything and cannot find yet the issue, ...
List all steps taken to correct issue.

YankeeMan

YankeeMan

When I mean, I lose my internet is that, I cannot use it, no surfing, no pinging anything (not even my ISP dns).

What have I did?
I turned my router off, (by the on/off button), by removing the power cable, I did restarted it, by using the console. I set both, DHCP on, and also tried static Ip and nothing.

There's one thing like bridge but I have not touch it. I even factory reset it and nada.

What else?
Take a look at some current setup.

Attachments

Last edited:
Shinma

Shinma

?!
Double check with your internet service provider for settings.

If using ADSL,
Surprised you connected at all, if you used the Dynamic IP Address and/or Static IP Address settings in the ADSL2+ gateway device.

You still have not answered the question.
State your current network setup.