[RESOLVED] Mobile projector for MacBook help

M

mobilehe

Hey all, been reading the forums for a while and finally decided to join up. Mostly because I needed a little assistance from you masters out there. I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the Display or Mobile tech forum. Feel free to re-classify if needed :)

I own a MacBook Pro and do a lot of traveling for work. I bought myself a mini projector to keep myself entertained in the hotel rooms (don't even talk to me about those tiny little tv's they have in the rooms, terrible! Lol). I have some movies that I downloaded to my iPhone and I bought an adapter for the projector I have so it connects right to the phone (specs here: http://www.aaxatech.com/products/m1_micro_projector.htm ). We also play some games on it. I would much rather hook it directly into my MacBook so I can watch Hulu and Netflix too. Nowhere on my macbook do I see a VGA or DVI or anything... Am I missing something? :confused: What am I doing wrong?

Here is a couple pics to show you the connections on the projector (hope that helps). Let me know what you think and thanks!

Shinma

Shinma

There are about 21 MacBook Pro models listed at Apple.

Check your manual for reference to Mini DisplayPort, DVI port...
Contact your Apple store for required adaptor from above port to D-SUB of the projector.

M

mobilehe

Thank you

Bah! So many different plug types out there now. Okay I will check into that. Thank you for the heads up.

M

Mackerel

Did you compare the AAXA M1 with the newer Optoma units when doing your research? I'm leaning towards the M1+ right now due to the higher brightness and lower price, but it would be great to hear from someone that's had some experience with both units.

Associates