[RESOLVED] LED Jumpers

E

ernestoj

I bought a new motherboard and the only thing I don't know how to get working is the power LED light on the front. The connector is supposed to fit 4 pins(two empty in the middle), but the motherboard gives only 3 pins for the led. What can I do?

E

ernestoj

You may want to give the make and model of the motherboard.
I didn't think it was neccessary. My question is basically, how can i fit a 4 pin connector on a 3 pin jumper? both only actually use the 2 outside pins. Can I buy a connecter for the jumper or is there another solution?

The new motherboard is Tyan S2099

Midknyte

Midknyte

Caffeine Fiend
remove the wires from the 4 pin and put them in the proper sockets. It's usually just a gold end inside a black plastic housing. There is a little tab on the housing that holds the end in place. Just lift the tab a little and you can pull out the wire. The tip of an exacto knife works well for that.

Last edited:
E

ernestoj

remove the wires from the 4 pin and put them in the proper sockets. It's usually just a gold end inside a black plastic housing. There is a little tab on the housing that holds the end in place. Just lift the tab a little and you can pull out the wire. The tip of an exacto knife works well for that.
Worked perfectly! I knew that exacto knife from my highschool art class would be good for something someday! haha

Associates